I have a "virgin" Galaxy S5, what should I do next ???

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up a Blue VZW Galaxy S5 still running KitKat 4.4.4. After activating it I've done nothing with it. Haven't added email, phonebook info, or even opened & synched my Google Play store yet. Please give me some options about either staying on KK or updating to Lolipop. The original Verizon versions of Lolipop were just so awful. Has Verizon fixed their Lolipop OS so it's safe? Every day I get the Update Pop-up so I figure it's only a matter of time before VZW makes the choice for me.................::-X

Ian Allish

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I would avoid the update as long as possible. My phone (Galaxy S5 Verizon) is on the latest update and it runs like crap. Battery life is half of what it used to be and the phone is a lot less responsive. So I'd stay away from lollipop.

As far as what to do, it's your phone so you should make the decision for yourself.

Edit: Phone noted as Verizon Galaxy S5

Posted via the Android Central App

tree9

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
The Verizon gs5 with latest lollipop is so, so terrible. Do not do it your phone will be crap.

I had lollipop for months and just finally went back to kitkat on the same device.

Lollipop is slow, ugly, battery is bad, can't seem to keep up withitself, even pressing buttons in a menu is about double the milliseconds that it is now that I'm back on kitkat. Buttt dialing was a huge issue. The list goes on its so bad.

I did the latest oe1 update and factory reset. It was still crap.

So to answer your question (someone please correct me if I'm wrong because I haven't done this yet)

I belive u want to root it w geo hots towelroot and use a program like titanium backup pro to stop updates

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance