07-04-2016 09:28 AM
126 1234 ...
tools
    I'm posting all events in my life. How can I go back 40 years to record important events throughout my life? I don't want to manually scroll through years to post events. Is there another way to do this? Thanks.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0
    on PC go to -

https://www.google.com/calendar

then in settings - Google Calendar Labs - enable -

Jump to date
    By Dave M - Jul 2009
    Quickly navigate to dates in the distant future or past (actual time travel not yet supported).

OR

on Phone download "Jorte" -

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ohospace.jorte

and create a 4x5 Month Widget on your phone. then tap on the top of the month calendar view at today's month/year (ex July 2015) and a dialog box will pop up allowing you to pick a past/present Month/Day/Year to jump to.

http://support.jorte.net/165341-How-...a-certain-date

report back.

good luck.
    07-31-2015 10:07 AM

Jump to date
    By Dave M - Jul 2009
    Quickly navigate to dates in the distant future or past (actual time travel not yet supported).

I need help with the above. I can't find the instructions you listed.

"then in settings - Google Calendar Labs - enable -'
    I do not have that option on the website. Thanks for your help.

BTW, I tried JORTE, but it is a very comprehensive app, much more than I needed. Thanks again.

07-31-2015 12:03 PM

Jump to date
    By Dave M - Jul 2009

I need help with the above. I can't find the instructions you listed.

"then in settings - Google Calendar Labs - enable -'
    I do not have that option on the website. Thanks for your help.

BTW, I tried JORTE, but it is a very comprehensive app, much more than I needed. Thanks again.

https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/154174?hl=en

6 New Labs Features Introduced For Google Calendar
    07-31-2015 03:34 PM
    It looks as though the Labs feature is not available on the Android version of Google calendar. Thanks again for your help. I appreciate it.

07-31-2015 04:55 PM
    It looks as though the Labs feature is not available on the Android version of Google calendar. Thanks again for your help. I appreciate it.

do it from the PC side.
    07-31-2015 05:38 PM
    I don't have a PC, but thanks anyway.

08-01-2015 06:27 AM
    I don't have a PC, but thanks anyway.

PC = Laptop.
    08-02-2015 10:37 AM
    My wife has a laptop running Windows 7. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5, Verizon edition. Before I got the smartphone, I used Outlook calendar on the laptop to record all of my events, I want to somehow transfer all of the old events to the smartphone.

I will have a limited period of time to tie up the laptop to get this data over to the smartphone. Is there a way to gather all of the events in some form, so I can import them into the smartphone? I'm looking for a way to do this as simple as possible. What are your thoughts and suggestions? I won't be able to link the 2 devices Thanks.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0 Verizon network
    08-31-2015 01:13 PM
    I had to restore, among other things, Google calendar. It has duplicated many items. Is there a way to delete all those Duplicates without deleting them individually? Thanks.

09-01-2015 02:27 PM
    I'm having trouble getting birthdays from my contact list, to move to Google calendar. What do I need to do? Thanks.

09-01-2015 02:35 PM
    If you can get to the desktop website and login you should be able to select multiple calendar events if you view the calander in Month view...?

Hopefully the duplicated event was a recurring event that was set to repeat on a schedule. (Makes it simple to modify with out loosing other events). If so you can modify the very first ever event and delete the hole chain. Leaving the desired schedule of events untouched...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    09-01-2015 03:57 PM
    Sounds simple if I had access to a laptop so I could use the web based Google Calendar. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with this smartphone. Is there a way to do this just by using my smartphone? Thanks.

09-01-2015 04:59 PM
    You folks have been trying to help me through other posts regarding birthdays and Google Calendar. I find it hard to believe that you pros cannot figure out what the problem is. To rehash the issue, birthdays that are listed in contacts, are not showing up on Google Calendar. I'm using a smartphone. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

09-04-2015 12:30 PM
    I've tried by adding to one of my contacts their birthday and it shows up in the Samsung Calendar, the Google Calendar. Did you by any chance have the year added? If so try taking off the year and just display the month and day.
    09-04-2015 12:39 PM
    What's the difference between Samsung Calendar and Google Calendar? I have Google Calendar.

09-04-2015 01:34 PM
    No difference. One is Samsung the other one Google. Google calendar you can download other OS's, Samsung calendar you can't. But I noticed that if you put the year is not going to show it if the birthday has already passed at least in this years calendar. Say you added the birthday last year and you put the year it'll only display it for that year. Also if you haven't done so yet, make sure you have calendar sync enabled in settings. And that in the Google calendar app you have the correct account, perhaps whichever birthday you are trying to find that is not showing app is synced with a different account and not the one you are using.
    09-04-2015 02:08 PM
    That's not the case. I checked all of the birthdays this year and none show on the calendar EXCEPT MY OWN BIRTHDAY. Go figure. Thanks for being patient with me on this issue.

09-04-2015 02:27 PM
    I just noticed that Google Calendar only accepts Events after 1/1/1970. Is there a way to add events before that date? Thanks.

09-05-2015 09:53 AM
    If you enter the word LUNCH or DINNER as part of an entry in Google Calendar, the event shows differently, with the time of the event displayed. Normal events do not show the time, even though it was entered. How do I get simple events to display the information. Thanks.

09-06-2015 11:37 AM
    If you enter the word LUNCH or DINNER as part of an entry in Google Calendar, the event shows differently, with the time of the event displayed. Normal events do not show the time, even though it was entered. How do I get simple events to display the information. Thanks.

Do you mean when in monthly view? Sometimes events take up too much information in calendar view and the time slots may not show. It's not until you click on that date or change the view to something else that it will actually show the time slots. I would suggest taking a look at an alternative calendar app that is more robust with intuitive methods of displaying the information you want shown. The stock apps are often clunky and don't do a good job of giving you the information you want to see, in my opinion.
    09-06-2015 01:12 PM
    Thanks but my questions were not answered. I'm not looking to change calendars. Just need an explanation, but thanks for your opinion.

09-06-2015 01:30 PM
    Has anyone read this post. I realize that it was posted just prior to the Labor day weekend and many of you were away. Has anyone else noticed the issue? Thanks.

09-08-2015 06:57 AM
    Works fine on stock Samsung firmware and the S-Planner calendar...

Just go to Google calendar on your PC and... oh, never mind!
    09-08-2015 02:20 PM
    How do I use the new #todo list in Google Calendar, or is it only for the web version? I'm using a smartphone. Thanks.

09-08-2015 02:21 PM
    I guess the problem is that I'm using the smartphone version. Thanks for looking into the problem.

09-08-2015 02:28 PM
126 1234 ...