Google calendar

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Calendar messed up

Somehow my calendar has lost most of the entries. How do I get the data from the cloud or is there another way.

Posted via the Android Central App

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
New calendar problem

I'm using the updated calendar. I found that after creating a reminder that was a *one time event *, if I wanted to change it to a repeat reminder, I couldn't edit it to change it. I had to delete it and recreate it as another reminder. Is there something I'm missing?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Calendar holidays

Is there a way to have holidays integrated into Google's calendar without manually entering them.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Holidays calendar

I don't know how to get the holidays calendar and then add it to the regular calendar on my phone.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Today Calendar

I have a calendar called TODAY. I'm trying to add a holiday calendar but don't see a way to do that. Keep in mind that I want to add the holiday calendar to TODAY. Help.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Today Calendar

Are you tying this to your Google Calendar? If so, just activate the Holiday Calendar option in your Google Calendar. Although I've only seen those options in the web interface.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Are you tying this to your Google Calendar? If so, just activate the Holiday Calendar option in your Google Calendar. Although I've only seen those options in the web interface.

I rarely have access to the desktop calendar. I would think Android on the smartphone would allow me to integrate the holiday calendar with today's calendar

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Well, as long as you can activate the Holiday Calendar in your Google Calendar, you can certainly pull that into Today. Again, I don't use the stock Google Calendar app, but at least from the one bundled with Samsung's phones, you CAN activate or de-activate those directly from the app.

But if you can't, you can access the webpage using your mobile browser. It should let you configure these just as well. Just go to http://calendar.google.com

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the tip. The Web page doesn't show the holiday calendar nor does it show how to merge another calendar even if I could find one to merge.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

From the web version, on the left column right under MY CALENDARS there's a section called OTHER CALENDARS. There, select the drop-down menu and select BROWSE INTERESTING CALENDARS. From there you'll see a bunch of calendars available. Just search for your specific Holiday needs and select SUBSCRIBE. That should make the calendar appear on your Google account.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Google Calendar

The instructions say there is a gear icon on the top of each page. There is no gear icon. I want to change to the Monthly View. How do I do that?

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: Google Calendar

Google changed the layout with the Google Calendar app. Now, if you want to see the whole month, you have to select the month at the top of the app. You'll see a little arrow pointing down directly to the right of a month. Select that and the month view will expand. There are hollow circles for days that have something, you then have to select each day to see what's on your calendar for that day.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy S5: Calendar image

I read that you can attach an image to a calendar event. How do I do that. Thanks

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Monthly view in Google Calendar

When you pull down the monthly view in calendar, you see the entire calendar. What you don't see is the dates marked with activity. I thought the calendar at one time was marked with a square or some other indication that there was activity on that date. Your thoughts.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon network

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Monthly view in Google Calendar

In "month" view, the dates/days with activities are colored and include some descriptive text. In "month and agenda" mode (my default mode), I have a little green dot on days I've scheduled. Have you upgraded to Lollipop? I have not. I looked for some settings regarding this and don't see any.

Screenshot_2015-02-18-12-06-09.jpg

Screenshot_2015-02-18-12-08-51.jpg

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Monthly view in Google Calendar

Thanks. I'm using google calender 5. 0. 1. It's not the calendar that was shipped with the smartphone. I guess using that version, I won't have the calendar view advantage.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon network