Google calendar

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Google Calendar mystery

No difference. One is Samsung the other one Google. Google calendar you can download other OS's, Samsung calendar you can't. But I noticed that if you put the year is not going to show it if the birthday has already passed at least in this years calendar. Say you added the birthday last year and you put the year it'll only display it for that year. Also if you haven't done so yet, make sure you have calendar sync enabled in settings. And that in the Google calendar app you have the correct account, perhaps whichever birthday you are trying to find that is not showing app is synced with a different account and not the one you are using.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Google Calendar mystery

That's not the case. I checked all of the birthdays this year and none show on the calendar EXCEPT MY OWN BIRTHDAY. Go figure. Thanks for being patient with me on this issue.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0 Verizon network

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Oldest data in Google Calendar

I just noticed that Google Calendar only accepts Events after 1/1/1970. Is there a way to add events before that date? Thanks.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
events on Calendar

If you enter the word LUNCH or DINNER as part of an entry in Google Calendar, the event shows differently, with the time of the event displayed. Normal events do not show the time, even though it was entered. How do I get simple events to display the information. Thanks.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: events on Calendar

If you enter the word LUNCH or DINNER as part of an entry in Google Calendar, the event shows differently, with the time of the event displayed. Normal events do not show the time, even though it was entered. How do I get simple events to display the information. Thanks.

Do you mean when in monthly view? Sometimes events take up too much information in calendar view and the time slots may not show. It's not until you click on that date or change the view to something else that it will actually show the time slots. I would suggest taking a look at an alternative calendar app that is more robust with intuitive methods of displaying the information you want shown. The stock apps are often clunky and don't do a good job of giving you the information you want to see, in my opinion.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: events on Calendar

Thanks but my questions were not answered. I'm not looking to change calendars. Just need an explanation, but thanks for your opinion.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Oldest data in Google Calendar

Has anyone read this post. I realize that it was posted just prior to the Labor day weekend and many of you were away. Has anyone else noticed the issue? Thanks.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Works fine on stock Samsung firmware and the S-Planner calendar...

Just go to Google calendar on your PC and... oh, never mind!

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
#todo in Google Calendar

How do I use the new #todo list in Google Calendar, or is it only for the web version? I'm using a smartphone. Thanks.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I guess the problem is that I'm using the smartphone version. Thanks for looking into the problem.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Try installing Jorte Calendar & Organiser or similar, from the Play Store.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm used to simple. Google Calendar, although it has worts. Between that and the calendar that was installed, I'm going to stick with Google Calendar. I also like to stay with Google Apps. Thanks again.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: #todo in Google Calendar

Thanks. The feature looked interesting, but it's not a requirement. Thanks for your suggestion.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Google Calendar times

My events on Google Calendar show as normal. However the dates used to show with the event. lt no longer does that. Is there a setting I missed? Thanks.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Losing calendar events

Three times now, I lose calendar events each time I turn on my smartphone. Restore doesn't fix the problem. If I uninstall the app, when reinstall the app, every event has been reinstalled. I'm really getting upset. What's going on? How do I fix this problem? I know I can count on at least one of you for the solution. Thanks.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
which calendar for smartphone

I've been using Google Calendar for over a year now. It has some warts. Events disappear. I'd like to change calendar programs but I don't want to have to reenter all the data that is in Google Calendar. Which programs do you recommend. Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: which calendar for smartphone

The problem with other calendar apps is that they may not sync to something in the cloud, which means all of your important appointments are stored only on your phone. If the phone glitches, then you've lost all of that data.

For me, when I think I've lost an event, it's usually because I entered it into the wrong calendar on my account. I have several calendars on the same account, and occasionally I'll accidentally enter a work event on my personal calendar, or vice-versa. The user always has to carefully check which calendar the event is being added to.

Another frequent misstep is when people add an event using their phone--the event might default to the "Phone account" calendar, which is only locally saved, and doesn't sync to Google. So if you add that event to the Phone calendar, you'll never see it in your Google Calendar anywhere else (like on your computer browser).

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: which calendar for smartphone

Yes, I would stick with the Google Calendar, but there are apps which improve the interface, add better widgets & features like editing of invitation-placed events or copy & paste, and generally make it less likely that you will enter events in the wrong calendar as B. Diddy describes. I like aCalendar.