Google calendar

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Google calendar Notification

Why do some events use a FULL SCREEN notification and others use the status bar and a simple sound notification?

Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0 Verizon network

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Google Calendar birthdays

I have been struggling with this issue for months now. Let me preface this request with the following information. I have that events in my contacts folder with birthdays for those contacts that I know their birthday. I understand that Google Calendar will list birthdays in the calendar, provided the item is checked in the settings. I have done that. My problem is this. I have only two out of 100 contacts, that birthdays are listed in Google calendar. I have worked around the problem by using the birthday as a recurring event. But according to instructions, these birthdays should show without any further involvement or entry. Anybody have any suggestions on how this will work? As I said, I have two contacts with their birthdays listed as events in the Contact folder, that do show on the calendar with no further entries. I've tried to find a common denominator for the two that show, as compared to the rest of the birthdays that do not show. I am stumped. Is there any suggestions, Thanks.

dkelly701

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: oogle Calendar birthdays

I can't shed any light on why this is happening, but I do have a suggestion for a work around. There is a free app that not only lists your birthdays in your google calendar, but also shows their age. It's free and works for me. After installing, go to Google calendar settings where you choose which calendars to show. Uncheck the stock Google birthday calendar and then check the Birthday Adaptor calendar. Maybe this will work.

Birthday Adaptor

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I can't shed any light on why this is happening, but I do have a suggestion for a work around. There is a free app that not only lists your birthdays in your google calendar, but also shows their age. It's free and works for me. After installing, go to Google calendar settings where you choose which calendars to show. Uncheck the stock Google birthday calendar and then check the Birthday Adaptor calendar. Maybe this will work.

Birthday Adaptor

This looks good but the birthdays are showing up twice. How do I fix it. Thanks so much for this information. I appreciate it.

dkelly701

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site

This looks good but the birthdays are showing up twice. How do I fix it. Thanks so much for this information. I appreciate it.

Is one showing up with the age and one without the age? If so, one is from Birthday Adaptor and the other is the stock Google birthday. If that is the case, you need to disable the Google birthdays. Open Google calendar. Press the menu bars (upper left hand corner) and scroll down until you see the listed calendars. On my phone, The Google birthdays is listed under "More" with "Holidays" under it. Remove the check mark.2015-10-14 22.03.47.jpg

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Is one showing up with the age and one without the age? If so, one is from Birthday Adaptor and the other is the stock Google birthday. If that is the case, you need to disable the Google birthdays. Open Google calendar. Press the menu bars (upper left hand corner) and scroll down until you see the listed calendars. On my phone, The Google birthdays is listed under "More" with "Holidays" under it. Remove the check mark.View attachment 201434

Your directions were very good, however after following them, I still ended up with duplicates and in some cases, triplicates. The problem lies with the original calendar that shipped with the Samsung Galaxy S5. No matter what changes I make, the problem gets worse. Since I can't remove the old calendar, I'm going to use the recurring events feature as a workaround. Thanks for all your help and patience.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Delete event Google Calendar

I am no longer able to delete an event. It used to be at the bottom of the event screen. What happened? Thanks.

Smartphone, Samsung Galaxy S5, Lollipop 5.0, Verizon network

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Delete event Google Calendar

Is this on the actual Google Calendar app, or the Samsung Calendar app? On Google Calendar, if I select an event, then tap the Menu button, the Delete option is there.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Is this on the actual Google Calendar app, or the Samsung Calendar app? On Google Calendar, if I select an event, then tap the Menu button, the Delete option is there.

I have Google's Calendar not Samsung's calendar. Your instructions work, but that's not the way it was 3 days ago. But thanks. As long as I can delete the event, I'm happy. Thanks again.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

As per the Google Play Store entry for Google Calendar, which received an update on the 28th January....

"WHAT'S NEW

• Smart suggestions for event titles, places and people, now in more than 30 new languages
• 54 additional country holiday calendars to easily keep track of your special occasions
• More accessible delete option in the overflow menu
• Improved support for right-to-left languages
"

Always a good idea to disable Automatic updates in the Google Play Store and just receive notifications of updates. That way it gives you a chance to read what the update is about and what changes have been made before you install the update.

Play Store > Menu (3lines) > Settings > Auto-update apps (set to Do not auto-update apps) > Notifications > App updates available (set to... Notify when app updates are available)

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Good advice. Thanks.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Google calendar birthday

Can anyone explain why Google Calendar does not show all birthdays? I checked my Contacts and most birthdays are there. Yet, not all show in the Calendar.

dkelly701

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Google calendar birthday

It could be that the ones not showing up in calendar are not actually saved to your google contacts, but are instead saved directly to the phone or SIM.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

It could be that the ones not showing up in calendar are not actually saved to your google contacts, but are instead saved directly to the phone or SIM.

Thanks. How do I fix that?

dkelly701

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site

Did you verify that is the problem. It not, open one of the contacts that does not show up on your calendar. You should see "Connected via" and there will be a symbol there to indicate where it is stored. If it is Google, you will see a "G". If it is stored on your phone you will see a phone icon. To transfer contacts from phone to Google, follow this link for instructions.
samsung galaxy s - Transfer contacts from android to google contacts - Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Did you verify that is the problem. It not, open one of the contacts that does not show up on your calendar. You should see "Connected via" and there will be a symbol there to indicate where it is stored. If it is Google, you will see a "G". If it is stored on your phone you will see a phone icon. To transfer contacts from phone to Google, follow this link for instructions.
samsung galaxy s - Transfer contacts from android to google contacts - Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange

This is driving me crazy. I took 1 contact and checked how it was connected. It was connected via my Google account. I deleted the account and reentered it as connected via Phone. I also reentered the birthday. It still doesn't show up in Calendar. This is not a critical problem, but I'd like to get this to work. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Lost Google Calendar items

I just discovered I have lost 4 years worth of Calendar entries during the upgrade to Marshmallow. I can't find them in any of my backups. Does anyone know why that happened and what can I do to recover them? Thanks.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Marshmallow 6.0.1 Verizon

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Google Calendar Issues (Sync)

I recently had Google calendar items disappear, probably because of the update to Marshmallow. I'd like to replace it. Any recommendations?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Replace Google Calendar

I posted the above because I couldn't find the missing calendar events in any of my 3 backups.

I just noticed that the missing events are in the Web version of Google Calendar. How do I move them back to the mobile version of my smartphone. Thanks.