Why does my phone turn off and only comes back on if I remove the battery and then put it back in (Galaxy S5)?

A

AC Question

Phone turns off and only comes back on if remove battery and then put back in. Galaxy S5.

Hi there, would really be grateful of help with my phone. Around a week ago I used a friends 'selfie stick'. The same day I was walking around Windsor and noted that the phone had powered down. I tried pressing the power key, but the phone did not turn on. I took the battery out, replaced it and then the phone came back on.

The problem now seems to reoccur when I have put my phone in my back pocket and either walk some distance, or keep it in my back pocket in the car (for some reason). Any ideas anyone?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Phone turns off and only comes back on if remove battery and then put back in. Galaxy S5.

Hi there, would really be grateful of help with my phone. Around a week ago I used a friends 'selfie stick'. The same day I was walking around Windsor and noted that the phone had powered down. I tried pressing the power key, but the phone did not turn on. I took the battery out, replaced it and then the phone came back on.

The problem now seems to reoccur when I have put my phone in my back pocket and either walk some distance, or keep it in my back pocket in the car (for some reason). Any ideas anyone?

Welcome to Android Central!

You might try cleaning the contacts on the battery and the phone. You can use a alcohol wipe to clean them off.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Phone turns off and only comes back on if remove battery and then put back in. Galaxy S5.

Good afternoon indeed Ma'am.

A distinguishing honour to have you amongst us for these brief moments.

May I call you Liz?
No, perhaps not.
Be I ever so humble.

Might I inquire as to whether the Royal Corgi's could have... no, perhaps not.

If there was constant pressure on the power button, you may have developed a hardware fault with the pressure switch.

You don't say if the particular selfie stick has a clamp action above the power switch.

I don't use them.
I can't buy a postage stamp with my image on it eirher, or have portrait artists begging to 'do' me, so why you in particular would want a stick ....

One is ever so pleased to be in one's company nonetheless, so is one.

(a little coat of paint on the castle wouldn't go amiss - just one's opinion)

---------
I am having a slow day!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance