Samsung galaxy S5 - Random wipe. How did this happen?

A

AC Question

Samsung galaxy S5 - Random wipe

Hi,

Was on my way to work today, listeting to music with the phone (fully charged) in my pocket.

The music stops playing and when I look at the phone, it's just rebooting. When the phone starts again, I see the factory reset home screen. It is all wiped, no contacts, photos etc etc.

Could this be some sort of bug in the phone? Or could someone have wiped it remotely without my permission?

flyingsolid

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung galaxy S5 - Random wipe

I am experiencing the same issue as OP on my S5. I never had a problem with this device before; however, this is the second time in two weeks that the device has randomly and automatically wiped itself.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? Is this is a known issue?

zoopzoop

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
My husband's S5 did this yesterday. It was in his pocket - he pulled it out and it was randomly restarting. Everything has been wiped off of the phone and the SD card. Most upsetting is all photos are gone (really upsetting is the holiday ones - he should have backed them up). Tried several recovery programs but its gone. Really can't believe that a phone would factory reset that without any pin number entering / triple acceptance! Has to be a bug.