How do I delete preloaded apps once and for all (I delete and they reload)?

A

AC Question

How do I delete preloaded apps once and for all .I delete and they reload

I keep deleting apps that were factory installed but twenty four hours later it has reload it's self . Can I take them off my Samsung galaxy 5 permanently

Steve_Rose

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
From what i have been able to ferret out, you would have to root the phone to permanently delete the preloaded apps. I just disable them and they stay disabled. I am just not up for rooting my phone- I used to be a bleeding edge guy but as I have aged, I just want it to work and not futz with it.

steve rose

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
You can't delete preinstalled apps unless you root. Then you can use apps like Titanium Backup to uninstall. Otherwise, you can only do what @Steve_Rose says - go into your app manager and disable them. They won't appear in your app drawer nor will they update. They will, however, take up space on your device and there's no way around that unless you root and uninstall.

GS5TR

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Pre-installed apps you can disable and delete this way :

Go to Application Manager ( go to All Applications tab ).
Sort on Highest MBs. and you will see all apps on your Phone, Pre-installed and your own.

Click a pre-installed app like My Magazine, Weatherclock, Google Movies etc...

- Clear Cache, Delete user information, disable and stopp app and delete app.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Pre-installed apps you can disable and delete this way :

Go to Application Manager ( go to All Applications tab ).
Sort on Highest MBs. and you will see all apps on your Phone, Pre-installed and your own.

Click a pre-installed app like My Magazine, Weatherclock, Google Movies etc...

- Clear Cache, Delete user information, disable and stopp app and delete app.

This procedure does not work. What am I doing wrong?. Thanks.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0

GS5TR

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Then these kinds of apps can't be deleted by yourself, the next thing you can do is Root your Phone and delete by the way I wrote, that will help..

PastorMRB

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Well, I guess I'm answering my own post (see below). I don't know what I did previously that didn't work (I was using a Google Playstore app for deleting Bloatware), but when I used Titanium Backup to backup then delete the files mentioned below, they stayed deleted. So...Titanium Backup (and I've purchased the paid version which I recommend and which doesn't cost much), worked fine. Thanks for the help!

I have rooted my T-Mobile Galaxy S5 (with the Marshmallow update). When I delete Google Magazines of Hangouts (or any of the Google Apps) they disappear just like they are supposed to - UNTIL I reboot the phone. Then they are back again. They must be loading from some hidden cache somewhere. I remember that the EVO 4G had the same problem and there was some app that had to be removed to prevent that, but I haven't been able to find that post and see if the same app is on my S5.

Any suggestions as to what I might do?

Thanks!

Michael

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty