Hello everyone,
    I've been having a problem where whenever I turn on my screen (by pushing the power button while the screen is off), it displays the current contents* on my phone for a split-second before it heads over to the lock screen. The lock screens I've tried out are CM Locker and Echo Notification Lockscreen, which were chosen because of their good ratings.

One thing I've noticed is that this only happens whenever I turn on my screen by using the power button, and not when I turn on the screen by using the home button.

What could be a possible solution to this problem?

*More specifically, it shows the screen that was displayed right before the screen was locked. For example, if it showed google chrome, it would also show that for a split-second. If the screen was not unlocked, and you simply pressed the power button without unlocking the contents of the phone, it just shows the lockscreen right away (since the lockscreen was technically the last thing that was shown before locking), so that's not a problem.
    08-09-2015 03:02 AM
    Same.

I've tried numerous aftermarket lock screens (even ones that run as root), and they all have at least one of the following problems:

- They don't support the fingerprint scanner,
    - They don't work with the "No Lock Home" Wanam module,
    - The weather on the lockscreen doesn't refresh,
    - The problem you mentioned,
    - The phone doesn't count as being locked from the viewpoint of other apps (like FoxFi).

As such, I've ended up going back to the stock lock screen, and using a few addons in Wanam to slightly customize it.
    yimster likes this.
    08-09-2015 06:07 AM
    Ohhh I see. Thanks for letting me know! I guess I'll just hafta stick with what I've got then.
    08-09-2015 08:53 PM
    Is it possible to change the screen lock pin on a Galaxy S5 without doing a hard reset. I just starting using the feature today. I enter a pin and reconfirm it. Walked away from the phone and when I went back to it and enter the pin I chose it keep telling me "incorrect pin". Samsung and Google support are saying my only option is hard reset since your can no longer change it with Android device Manager and I do not have a "findmymobile" account setup already. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Thx in advance!
    Narie
    08-09-2015 11:14 PM
    I just visited android device manager and im pretty sure you can still change your lockscreen pin/password...
    Sign in to Android device manager enter your credentials then highlight your device and click on lock device it will then ask you to enter a new password.

Hope this helps.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-11-2015 03:51 AM
    Nevermind just confirmed that this no longer works.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-11-2015 04:13 AM