Hi,

My girlfriend is coming up as something like 20 contacts in the Contacts app on my Samsung S5 with Android 5.0. Even if I link her contacts together, they just get automatically created again. Same think if I delete them. She has several email addresses and we share several apps together such as traffic apps, Facebook, WhatsAPP Skype, etc etc. There is a separate conact for each one. I've tried setting the "Contact to Show" setting to Device (only) but they all still show up so they must be "Device" contacts. I've also got the Contact Setting option checked for "Show only contacts with phone". Even then all her email only and app only contacts show up.

Isn't this an FAQ?
    08-10-2015 08:35 AM
    08-16-2015 11:52 AM
    Contacts > Menu (3 dots) > Settings > Contacts > Contacts to display... select which contacts you wish the phone to show. Usually those that are sync'd with your gmail account.

Also, you can merge, or link, your various contacts for the same person by going to...

Contacts > Menu (3dots) > Manage similar contacts... and merging, say John Smith on gmail, Whatsapp and Skype, to one entry.
    08-16-2015 12:02 PM