Hey guys,

I found a weird issue with my Galaxy S5 AT&T (Lollipop 5.0) that's driving me nuts.

I have a 64GB microSD card in my phone and I store all of my old music on it (new music is strictly from Spotify now). I use the N7 Player premium app to play all of the music off of my SD card. I never had an issue with this since I've owned this phone when it first launched and it works like a champ. However, ever since I updated my phone to the latest security version that fixes the Stagefright vulnerability, none of my apps will detect the music files on my SD card automatically. If I browse to the file locations on my SD card it says I have no music files in those folders but when I enter the folder, the files are there.

The only way I can make this work is to open each individual folder so the phone detects the music files and add each folder individually. Mind you, I have over 100 folders with subfolders in each one, so this would take FOREVER. Not to mention when I close out of the app entirely or reboot my phone, it wipes out my music again and thinks nothing resides in the folders.

Again, I never had this issue until I updated to that security version about a week ago. Anybody else have this issue? Anybody know a way I can correct it without rolling back to an older version? I know it isn't an app problem because I get the same result when using the My Files app and other music player apps like Shuttle as well.

Thanks!
    08-11-2015 11:34 AM
    Mine started tweaking since that update too. Except I was getting the SD card unmounted and remounted alert every 30 seconds. Reformatted the SD card and added my music, so far so good.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-12-2015 12:07 AM