Help with Flashing a ROM

ktez

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
First, I have to apologize for being more or less a noob. I have been away from Android for a few years and just returned with a Galaxy S5. I used to flash ROMs all the time but it has been awhile and I have not had a Samsung before.
I was running stock Lollipop, then I rooted and installed phillZ CWM recovery. I then downloaded the MOAR 6.2 ROM and attempted to flash it from recovery, but keep getting errors, it says something about the signature and then it fails and reboots. I tried downloading it several times from both the main source and the mirror, and I did check the MD5. It is on the root of my SD card. So what am I doing wrong? Hopefully someone can help me get back into my Android ROM flashing!
Thank you in advance for your help.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
First, I have to apologize for being more or less a noob. I have been away from Android for a few years and just returned with a Galaxy S5. I used to flash ROMs all the time but it has been awhile and I have not had a Samsung before.
I was running stock Lollipop, then I rooted and installed phillZ CWM recovery. I then downloaded the MOAR 6.2 ROM and attempted to flash it from recovery, but keep getting errors, it says something about the signature and then it fails and reboots. I tried downloading it several times from both the main source and the mirror, and I did check the MD5. It is on the root of my SD card. So what am I doing wrong? Hopefully someone can help me get back into my Android ROM flashing!
Thank you in advance for your help.

AFAIK, PhilZ abandoned his custom recovery some months ago and most users are now on TWRP custom recovery. It might be worth installing that, in place of PhilZ, for your particular model of Galaxy S5.

ktez

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for replying - I finally realized the problem was that the recovery wasn't installed for some reason. I flashed it again in Odin and then it worked perfectly. I will keep that in mind though about the TWRP recovery, I thought the PhilZ thread looked kind of old.