Can I get some help with a Samsung S5 notification glitch?

Miranda Alysha

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Samsung s5 notification glitch! Help! :(

So a couple days ago, my phone stopped charging. Whenever I plugged it in it would have a little notification pop up on the top of the screen that said "Unable to charge. Use the original charger." Also, there was a red X on the little battery signal at the top, and on the bottom of the screen I would get one of those notifications in a sort of translucent grey box with white text saying "The connected charger is incompatible with this phone. To prevent damage to your phone, charging has been stopped. To continue charging, use the original charger and cable that were provided with this phone." Now, the little cover over the charging port had broken off a while back, and I noticed it was a little 'loose', so I chalked it all up to a bad connection. Not wanting to pay for a whole new phone or whatever, I simply went on Amazon, bought a spare battery and one of those chargers that charge the battery itself. Boom. Problem solved, or so I thought.
So, I have had no problem with the battery charger or with my batteries staying charged. It all works like a charm. BUT, those notifications I would get everytime I plugged in my phone? They pop up randomly and sometimes rapidly ALL DAY. Like the short one on the top of the screen and the long grey paragraph near the bottom! It'll pop up, stay on the screen for like 5 secs, start to fade, then pop up again, and it'll happen over and over! It is beyond annoying, it blocks the screen from whatever I'm doing, and it just should not be happening. I took a screenshot but idk how to post that here. But yeah. Sorry so long I just wanted to be as specific as possible. Please help! :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs