Marshmallow update on S5

Evan Mohr

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Will samsung galaxy s5 att ever update to marshmallow?

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Marshmallow

We might see it rolled out possibly by next summer. They're still rolling out 5.0 and 5.1 updates.

I, for one, welcome our gooey, toasty new overlord!

STAYPUFT.jpg

KJ78

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
6.x ? Lol. Vz users will be lucky to get 5.1.1. I doubt any S5's get M.

Posted via the Android Central App

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Don't blame Google and Samsung because the carriers are not updating. Since Samsung is following the same update timeline as Google (roughly), that means that they usually will update devices that are less than 2 years old. This would include the GS5. The GS4 though, would most likely NOT see Marshmallow.

What the carriers decide to do is up to them.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Please, please, please be patient AT&T and Verizon customers... all that extra bloatware, those mega locked down bootloaders and NSA spyware doesn't just add itself you know!

rj160202

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
You have clearly been living under a rock, or simply like being a pessimist with tired material as Verizon has been very good with updates the last year. S5's will get M, and you will continue to be ignorant

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
You have clearly been living under a rock, or simply like being a pessimist with tired material as Verizon has been very good with updates the last year. S5's will get M, and you will continue to be ignorant

Although Verizon has had 8 updates in the last 365 days, covering Android 4.4.4 and 5.0, only 4 of those actually resulted in a change to the actual firmware changelist # and were, in the main, for bloatware purposes.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I'm one of those ignorant users. I have Verizon galaxy S5, version 5.0. I don't have 5.1. Verizon has not yet issued an update for 5.1, unless I missed it.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm one of those ignorant users. I have Verizon galaxy S5, version 5.0. I don't have 5.1. Verizon has not yet issued an update for 5.1, unless I missed it.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0

Verizon is still on Android 5.0. Latest release is G900VVRU2BOG5. Marshmallow, when it is released, will be Android 6.0.

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I feel the overwhelming need to be the guy who asks if either one will be an improvement over kit kat. I've been burned by overupdating an old device before and picking up a different look with a few non essential new features is not worth introducing lag and reducing performance.

I do hope that they get everything ironed out as I understand most devices on 5.1.1 are doing well with that OS

bbh1877

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
Eventually.

No the galaxy s5 will not get marshmallow thats sumsung way of getting every s5 owner to upgrade

No it will never get marshmallow should have when with a nexus or somthing better than s5

Im sorry but i wont ever get the update

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeggy2150

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Shoo Verizon users this thread is for att. Go post on a Verizon thread and stop arguing whether Verizon will get the update or not. At&t is on 5.1.1 and will more than likely receive the m update.