This week something very odd has been happening on my phone. When I open Textra to send a text, it asks me if I want to make it my default app for messages. For some reason, my default messaging app keeps changing to Titanium backup. Why is that even an option? If I change it back to Textra, the change only lasts about a day.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this permanently?
    08-18-2015 06:15 PM
    This week something very odd has been happening on my phone. When I open Textra to send a text, it asks me if I want to make it my default app for messages. For some reason, my default messaging app keeps changing to Titanium backup. Why is that even an option? If I change it back to Textra, the change only lasts about a day.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this permanently?
    Same thing happened to my wife's Moto G. She uses the default SMS app. I reset it - we'll see how long it lasts.

I looked at my Moto G and TB was also an option for SMS app. As a test, I made it default and had wife send me a txt. I never received anything.

I have no idea why TB is shown as an option.
    09-05-2015 04:24 PM
    As a test, I made it default and had wife send me a txt. I never received anything.
    Yep, it effectively redirects any and all incoming texts into the ether. I submitted a ticket to TB support and never heard anything back. I ended up having to uninstall it.
    09-05-2015 06:45 PM
    Yep, it effectively redirects any and all incoming texts into the ether. I submitted a ticket to TB support and never heard anything back. I ended up having to uninstall it.
    My wife is using Android 4.4.2 and neither TB or Messaging have been updated in over 1 1/2 years. Don't know why this would have changed.

I also have 4.4.2, but am using 8sms for messaging. I use TB a lot and would not want to uninstall it.
    09-05-2015 07:58 PM
    I didn't want to uninstall it either, but I sort of need to be able to get texts!
    09-05-2015 09:19 PM
    So far, wife's phones hasn't switched back to TB.

As an aside, we are now using Textra.
    09-09-2015 09:18 AM