S5 Lock Screen issue

Hassan272

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,
I've got a Galaxy S5 SM-G900F running Kitkat 4.4.2. I've got fingerprint lock enabled, which works well, but just recently I've encountered a strange problem where the device won't wake after hitting the home or power keys, only after 5-6 presses. Then I try unlocking the device with a finger swipe, but the scanner doesn't read anything, and the screen goes off again after 3 seconds. The phone itself is new, without any damage, so what might be the cause? Thanks in advance!

Posted via the Android Central App

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,
I've got a Galaxy S5 SM-G900F running Kitkat 4.4.2. I've got fingerprint lock enabled, which works well, but just recently I've encountered a strange problem where the device won't wake after hitting the home or power keys, only after 5-6 presses. Then I try unlocking the device with a finger swipe, but the scanner doesn't read anything, and the screen goes off again after 3 seconds. The phone itself is new, without any damage, so what might be the cause? Thanks in advance!

I would recommend allowing your phone to update to Android 5.0 to see if that helps.

Hassan272

May 24, 2015
Visit site
I thought of it, but I'm worried it will ruin my battery life considering the vast amount of complaints from S5 users.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams