How can I retrieve files from a Galaxy S5 with a broken screen?

A

AC Question

attempting retrieve files from Galaxys5 with broken screen

Galaxy s5 has broken screen, unable to connect to iMac as it does not appear in finder

Halllen

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: attempting retrieve files from Galaxys5 with broken screen

Method 1: Recover the files with your Samsung account
This Method will work Only if you used to have Samsung account on your smartphone, you can check if your Samsung account is registered or not here.

1. Go onto the Samsung website.
2. Click the Find my phone button.
3. Login Using your Samsung Account you used to have on your smartphone.
4. All the Options regarding using your smartphone remotely will be available on the screen.
5. There will be an option on the left hand side of the screen to unlock your screen remotely.
6. Connect with your USB Cable and KIES will allow you access to your files.

Method 2: Recover Data with the mother board on your phone

This Method is a bit Technical but it works 100% guaranteed, For this Method you need to have another Smartphone like yours but with working screen(e.g If you own S5, You Need to Borrow A friend’s S5)
Your data is saved on the motherboard, so you can just put it in another phone and back up from there.

Here are detailed steps:

All you need to do is to be careful while following the steps mentioned below as to not damage the working device!
1) Take out the tiny screws from the back of phones (~10 in each).
2) Remove the plastic cover that is shielding the motherboard.
3) Unclip the display cable from both phones.

If the two methods above isn't piratical for you I suggest you to replace the screen. Either have some one repair or you can repair it yourself. For Samsung s5 screen replacement you can check out hcqs.cc. For repair instructions you can search on YouTube.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar