Duplicate files

damando

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
So I have read several posts here already asking about these so called duplicate files in internal storage. Some have suggested that these were ghost files and other posts not really coming to a solution as what to do. I have MOBILedit and have discovered that they are indeed just a copy of the original but have no idea why they are crating two different files and at least on mine these are taking up space. I have been able to open up both files and moving one file of each off my devise but I am not sure if I can without having my phone fail. Lababled "o" and "Legacy"
one (Mobile).jpg
two (Mobile).jpg
recordings one (Mobile).jpg
recordings two (Mobile).jpg

samsung galaxy S5
SM-G900R4
ver 5.0
kernel ver. 3.4.0-4385544
KNOX ver. 2.3

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you use other Media Explorers or try to browse the storage with a computer, do those show up? The reason I'm asking is because I've seen File Explorers 'duplicate' locations before. It's not really a duplicate, but for some reason, the app sees the same location multiple times. For instance, I had a phone where ES Explorer would see 4 SD cards. Obviously I had no 4 SD card readers connected. On the same phone, however, Astro would work just fine.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Looks like someone wants to install the latest U.S. Cellular update!

One quick method of cleaning is to install, free from the Play Store, Clean Master (Boost & AppLock) and let it scan and clean your phone.

Normally I would not recommend this app as it has become far to intrusive and a battery/performance drainer. However, the junk file cleaning element is quite useful in situations such as yours. I would advise uninstalling it or disabling it, after use. A much better, non intrusive, version has been incorporated by Samsung in the latest OH4 release for the worldwide, international model G900F, under the app title of Smart Manager.

damando

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
SpookDroid: They did show up with 7 Ultimate explorer. However I did use "Clean Master" which ironass suggested and all is well now. Thx for both of your input. On the other hand I only managed to free up 1.6GB of internal storage and since my phone was used and I realized I am unable to Root the phone. I may post again asking for help using "Kies 3" in deleting my OS and reinstalling a new RoM in another Forum Post. Thx again for your help :)!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49