02-17-2016 01:43 PM
62 123
tools
    Hi , is there still no release info about XSG? Could it be that it will be skipped to android m?
    U.A.E; (XSG), has always been one of the last to receive updates. It will receive Lollipop updates before Marshmallow, Android 6.0... unless you want to wait another 4 -> 8 months!
    amar7 likes this.
    10-21-2015 06:02 AM
    No, of course not. I'm eagerly waiting for the update to be released and I was afraid that the UAE devices is one of the last recieving the updates. I also realized this when waiting for the last two 5.0 updates that it took longer. well well.. I guess I have to be patient and hope soon it will be released, as I have a few stability issues. .
    10-22-2015 11:30 AM
    No, of course not. I'm eagerly waiting for the update to be released and I was afraid that the UAE devices is one of the last recieving the updates. I also realized this when waiting for the last two 5.0 updates that it took longer. well well.. I guess I have to be patient and hope soon it will be released, as I have a few stability issues. .
    You may find that you get the newer Android 5.0 release with the latest security updates that go beyond Stagefright. See...

Samsung release new security updates
    10-22-2015 12:32 PM
    Yesterday I recieved the UAE update! Unfortunately it's not the newest version it seems, as stagefright vulnerability was 6 out of 8 safe and now 7 out of 8. Not all have been fixed. But I disabled the auto download of MMS, that should be enough for safety, if I remember right?

Anyway had smart manager crash 2-3 times at the beginning only, restarted device, now it's running, much more smoothly and seems like the battery time is a bit better too.
    ironass likes this.
    10-25-2015 06:39 AM
    Yesterday I recieved the UAE update! Unfortunately it's not the newest version it seems, as stagefright vulnerability was 6 out of 8 safe and now 7 out of 8. Not all have been fixed. But I disabled the auto download of MMS, that should be enough for safety, if I remember right?

Anyway had smart manager crash 2-3 times at the beginning only, restarted device, now it's running, much more smoothly and seems like the battery time is a bit better too.
    You do indeed, as I predicted, have the latest release, OJ1. A lot of these so-called Stagefright detectors give very spurious and misleading readings. I use the one from the company that actually discovered the vulnerability in the first place, Zimperium. Stagefright Detector

EDIT: My bad amar7!

I was looking at KSA, (Saudi Arabia), and not at XSG, (UAE). You actually have the older firmware, Oi1. This would account for the Stagefright discrepancy.
    10-26-2015 07:18 AM
    Yep, just checked, I have the OI1 release. And btw, I checked stagefrightc by Zimperium aswell.
    10-27-2015 04:19 PM
    Unfortunately the stability isn't that good in the new version, I often get the message that smart manager has closed itself and the phone keeps closing down background apps without asking. I hope the android 6.0 update will do it better than that, but this will probably take another couple of months, maybe about the middle of 2016 for the UAE device.
    11-12-2015 01:13 PM
    U.A.E; (XSG), has always been one of the last to receive updates. It will receive Lollipop updates before Marshmallow, Android 6.0... unless you want to wait another 4 -> 8 months!
    What's the usual discrepancy between UAE XSG device update release and say like western europe devices in your experience? My Oi1 update still has issues, and I didn't do a factory reset, because of so many settings and apps I'd have to reinstall. So now I'm wating for Android M update and would like to know, when I can expect to get the next update (if it will be 6.0 at all)
    Can you tell me this?
    02-03-2016 09:21 PM
    What's the usual discrepancy between UAE XSG device update release and say like western europe devices in your experience? My Oi1 update still has issues, and I didn't do a factory reset, because of so many settings and apps I'd have to reinstall. So now I'm wating for Android M update and would like to know, when I can expect to get the next update (if it will be 6.0 at all)
    Can you tell me this?
    IIRC, around 30-60 days after the first, stable, roll-outs by Samsung.
    02-04-2016 04:51 AM
    IIRC, around 30-60 days after the first, stable, roll-outs by Samsung.
    Well, I'm still running with Oi1, while OJ1 has been released iirc like 5 months ago? Really sucks.
    02-05-2016 03:02 PM
    Well, I'm still running with Oi1, while OJ1 has been released iirc like 5 months ago? Really sucks.
    You are on Oi1 firmware = changelist #5640614 as opposed to OJ1 on changelist #5508620
    02-05-2016 03:56 PM

You do indeed, as I predicted, have the latest release, OJ1. A lot of these so-called Stagefright detectors give very spurious and misleading readings. I use the one from the company that actually discovered the vulnerability in the first place, Zimperium. Stagefright Detector

EDIT: My bad amar7!

I was looking at KSA, (Saudi Arabia), and not at XSG, (UAE). You actually have the older firmware, Oi1. This would account for the Stagefright discrepancy.

You are on Oi1 firmware = changelist #5640614 as opposed to OJ1 on changelist #5508620
    This is confusing to me, I wonder now, which one is the newest? I know from experience that an OS update without formatting can and often does lead to issues. That's the case with windows and Android aswell it seems. But I have too many apps and settings I wouldn't want to reinstall them all by resetting the device, so I'm really wating for the next update, to hopefully fix my issues, but it's been about 4 months now that I haven't recieved any updates.
    02-17-2016 01:43 PM
62 123