Verizon phone call clicking noise

SnoFire

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
While on a phone call with anyone, I get a random clicking noise no matter if on speaker, bluetooth, or earpiece of phone. I have already tried pulling back, factory reset, and clearing the cache. Verizon phone on BOG5. Any thoughts?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you checked with Verizon about this? Is it pretty frequent, such that you could easily demonstrate it to them if you make a call in their store?

SnoFire

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I chatted with either online people but they give me the option to change plans and get a new phone (The Verizon Plan). The clicking basically happens on every call. I don't have any extended warranty or protection plan on the phone and the phone is past 1yr (bought 8/7/14)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that sounds like an ineffective customer service response. How is a new plan going to solve the call quality issue? 😕

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yep--so they're not actually trying to solve anything. Just trying to get you to spend more money. I'd call their tech support back and see if you can escalate to a higher tier. Just ask the first tech guy if there's a supervisor you can talk to, if he or she tells you the same thing.

SnoFire

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Actually I might of fixed the issue myself. I connected my phone to Kies and did the Firmware upgrade (which the phone had the latest). After restoring everything and testing with a few calls, no more clicking/popping noise. Thanks for the help everyone! :)

SnoFire

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Well I thought I fixed it but it has come back. I've did a factory default and it works fine for a few days then back to the noise. I'm at a loss on what to do next since I'm out of warranty on the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance