How can I completely start over from scratch?

damando

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Deleting OS

Is it possible to completely delete my Galaxy S5 and start over from scratch ? My problem is I have a Galaxy S5 that I bought used and I did a factory reset in order to clear a default.I only have 361MB free out of 3GB I used MOBILedit and have found 326 apps installed and have no idea what all these do and if they are some how hidden OS apps. I was wondering if anyone else has done a similar operation before. I have tried a factory reset but I still have 425mb left and all those dang apps. I do have "Samsung Kies 3" to use if needed. Is there another program to use in order to completely wipe my phone ?

Have a post here but unfortunately there are no answers as of yet. "http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s5/help/apps-t3168154"

Last edited:

damando

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: Deleting OS

I ended up re-flashing to a stock firmware with Odin. However I still have all those apps and very little room on the phone. I will repost to see if anyone knows How large the os is on a Samsung Galaxy S5.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

I ended up re-flashing to a stock firmware with Odin. However I still have all those apps and very little room on the phone. I will repost to see if anyone knows How large the os is on a Samsung Galaxy S5.

Thank you for your post.

There are currently 41 different models of the Samsung Galaxy S5 and over 3,000 different stock Samsung firmware versions, worldwide, covering 6 different Android platforms, Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4, Android 5.0, Android 5.0.1, Android 5.0.2 and Android 5.1.1. Not all issues will affect all models or firmware releases and your answers to the following questions will help in the forum's answers to your specific query.

#1. Could you post your Model number and Android version...

To locate these, go to...

Settings > More > About device > Model number and Android version

This will give you the model of Samsung Galaxy S5 that you have and which Android version you are on.

#2. Your current Firmware, (not just Baseband), version .

To locate your current firmware version, go to the stock, Samsung, dial pad and type in...

*#1234#

This will give you your, "Version", details in full, usually 3 lines of information, AP: CP: CSC:, which may all be relevant.

*** If code *#1234# has been disabled on your firmware, you can download and install, free from the Play Store, Phone INFO Samsung and it will give you, under Firmware Info... PDA, Baseband, CSC, versions.

Thanks. The above helps us to help you and hopefully someone will be able to reply to you shortly. :)

For more information, see, 41 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

damando

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site

So last night I connected with a Tech from Samsung and they did a remote connection with my phone and found out "Unfortunately" that most of those apps I have were in deed system apps that some are hidden but required. I want to Thank "ironass" and "B. Diddy" for your time and correct answers. Perhaps other users can be helped as well. ;) .

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Some Galaxy S5 firmwares are larger than others. Notably AT&T and Verizon, both of whom have increased their system partitions to enable them to add extra bloatware, as well as some other carrier variants.

Depending on your model of phone, you could root and install a much smaller custom ROM, such as CyanogenMod, which is very close to the stock Google Android Nexus firmware and offers lots of options for de-bloating.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084