Guys, been with Samsung for quite some time. First with the s4 which I think was the absolute best until they updated the OS. Force installing updates is a whole different topic I don't want to get into. So on my s4, I had no lock screen. I do not like things that slow me down, effects, adds whatever you get the point. I need to be as productive as possible. The no lock screen was great on the s4, because when I got a message it would keep the screen off, show me a preview and go off after about 3 seconds. When I wanted to turn the phone on, I did so as normal and no swiping, just the on button. Since the first update they forced, that eliminated that function. So now ever since then, when I get messages of any type it turns the screen on and leaves it on until it hits my 3 minute timer. My issue with this is, when I goes on in my pocket moving around I make random calls, settings get changed, stuff gets deleted...etc. Super annoying. Had to get an s5 recently due to the sim card error, but same lock screen issue. I am about to drop Samsung because I am quite fed up. And swiping is not an option for me, that is an extra unecesary step. What do you think?
    09-03-2015 02:10 PM
    I would like to know how you got the screen to come on for notifications. Mine won't do that, and its frustrating because I sometimes have the sound low and I think I heard something so I look at the phone and of course the screen is still black, so I have to hit the button to see what it was. It's kind of funny, maybe we should switch phones!
    09-03-2015 03:29 PM
    What phone do you have?
    09-03-2015 03:57 PM
    Lol it figures, they all never work properly
    09-03-2015 03:58 PM