File system layout?

DougBarton

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Is there a comprehensive post somewhere that lays out the file system on the S5?

I'm particularly interested in the locations of the text messages, and the local (on-phone) memos.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Is there a comprehensive post somewhere that lays out the file system on the S5?

I'm particularly interested in the locations of the text messages, and the local (on-phone) memos.
I'm not sure there is. Is there a particular reason why you need that? Perhaps we can find another solution to help you fix the problem(s) if one exists.

DougBarton

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
I need to do a hard reset on my phone (I posted previously about the fingerprint reader malfunctioning, and my backup pass not working). I plan to use the file recovery tool after I do that, so I need to know what files I'm looking for.

I'm certain I want to find the SMS messages and some memos, so those are a priority. But I was hoping for a more comprehensive mapping so that I could review it to see if there was anything else I should be looking for.

FWIW, my pictures, contacts, calendar ... etc. are all safe, it's just some recent stuff since my last backup that I want to recover.

Thanks for the response.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2