Anyone knows about the OH4 update?whats it about?it just came out a few days ago.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-08-2015 02:30 AM
    Anyone knows about the OH4 update?whats it about?it just came out a few days ago.

Pay attention BR34KF4ST...

Galaxy S5 gets S6 Smart Manager in latest update
    BR34KF4ST likes this.
    09-08-2015 02:32 AM
    Soooo thats it with the new update?all they did was add a smart manager?

09-08-2015 02:38 AM
    Soooo thats it with the new update?all they did was add a smart manager?

No!
    BR34KF4ST likes this.
    09-08-2015 02:40 AM
    Soo what other improvements are there?

09-08-2015 02:41 AM
    Soo what other improvements are there?

Try reading the whole thread. Samsung do not publish actual changelog details.
    Landshark likes this.
    09-08-2015 02:48 AM
    Thanks!!

09-08-2015 02:57 AM
    Got a question though:why does wifi take longer to boot up and connect after lollipop?on kitkat it was instant

09-08-2015 10:49 AM
    Got a question though:why does wifi take longer to boot up and connect after lollipop?on kitkat it was instant

I mentioned way back in March, on the OC7 Lollipop release, that Wi-Fi connection was instantaneous on boot up and that boot up was extremely fast on all releases since then. I notice that others on the international, unbranded, G900F model of S5 have said the same. From boot up to screen on and Wi-Fi connected is 25-30 seconds. Maybe time to delete your Wi-Fi pairings, cache partition wipe or FDR or reset your Wi-Fi router... see if that helps.
    09-08-2015 12:39 PM
    I mean when you press the wifi toggle,it takes at least about 20 sec to connect while on kitkat switching on the wifi and connecting was almost instant

09-08-2015 11:06 PM
    I mean when you press the wifi toggle,it takes at least about 20 sec to connect while on kitkat switching on the wifi and connecting was almost instant

Takes 2 - 3 seconds after toggling Wi-Fi on, for me. To be honest, it is not a widespread issue. I always tend to shy away from replying to Wi-Fi connection problems as they are a pain in the bum to sort out and almost impossible to solve remotely. In most cases that I have come across, it is down to the router. I remember on the Galaxy S2, that there were problems that turned out to be related to the NetGear router in the end.

Here are some basic steps you can take...

Always start by turning your S5 and your router off and on again. Sometimes that does the trick.
    Make sure that you haven’t set Wi-Fi restrictions related to the power saving mode in Settings > Power saving mode.
    Head into Settings > Wi-Fi and choose your router, then tap Forget and set up the connection again from scratch.
    You can also choose your router in Settings > Wi-Fi and scroll down to tap Edit > Show advanced options and try changing IP settings to Static.
    Take a look in Wi-Fi > Settings > Advanced and make sure Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep is set to Always and that Always allow scanning is checked.
    Download the free Wifi Analyzer app and take a look at how busy your channels are. Too many devices on one channel can impact on speeds, so switch to a less crowded channel.
    Check MAC filtering on your router and make sure it’s off or that the S5 is listed (you’ll find the S5 MAC address listed in Wi-Fi > Settings > Advanced).
    You could also try updating the firmware on your router.
    Also, do you use a case that may be blocking your signal
    Are you using an ant virus that slows your connection down.
    09-08-2015 11:53 PM
    Hmm i alwayz allow scanning off makes it a tad bit faster to connect and btw if i change ip to static i cant connect

09-09-2015 04:40 AM