New firmware 8/9/15 arrow icons???

Kimikazi

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
Hey, phone just updated this am .. since update there is a new icon in the notification bar of two stacked white horizontal arrows (looks like data transfer icon) that will not go away! Any suggestions please? This is baffling me! :/
Thanks
Ps. How do I add a screenshot?

covard

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I have a different carrier than you do, but at the top of that same place where you did your screenshot, I have an option for an Icon Glossary.

So, from Settings, go to About Phone (in your case it is About Device), at the very top, the Icon Glossary.
That may show you what you are looking for.

Hope that helps you.

Kimikazi

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
Hey, thnx for the reply .. there is no option for icon glossary anywhere .. Looked everywhere in settings and nothing! :/
This update also installed smart manager apk (mcafee.. Paid subscription) .. Carnt disable/uninstall & the arrows icon is present even after reboot :/ wtf!!

Posted via the Android Central App

BR34KF4ST

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Can you do me a favour pls?try slide down from the notification bar and press wifi and count how many seconds ot take to CONNECT. Thanks,because mine is also OH4 but it takes quite long to boot up and connect

Kimikazi

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
3 seconds to connect .. does ur firmware have the arrows in notification bar & that crap smartmanager app?

BR34KF4ST

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Yea i have that smart manager app but i dont see how people get to connect their phone to wifi in just 3 seconds mine takes at least 20 seconds compared to kitkat which was instant,well,i guess im going back to kitkat and never coming back....

Kimikazi

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
deffo only 3 second to connect to wifi .. seriously debating routing now .. that smartmanager app is a joke & wtf are the arrows icon??? do u have that in your notification bar??

BR34KF4ST

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Wait i think i found it.it is VoLTE you can check it by settings>more networks>Mobile networks>VoLTE calls

Im guessing your carrier is Verizon

Kimikazi

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
it's tripping me out .. it's like it's constantly transferring data .. carnt click on icon & nothing in notification tray when u pull down the notification bar :/
wtf is it????
:eek:

Kimikazi

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
hey, thnx for reply .. no i don't have voip enabled or three in touch!
I'll check to see Wot the other the apps are doing.