How can I get rid of the black spot on rear camera on my S5?

A

AC Question

Black spot on rare camera on my s5

Hello does anyone know the solution for problem what i have, i bought samsung galaxy s5 and everything was allright but yesterday i saw the black spot in the center of camera it stays on the pic and videos can someone tell me whats the problem, i hard reset my phone twice i have few scratches on lens glass but i dont think thats the problem why i see that grey,black circle in center its the same size and its in the same spot as focus on cam ? Thanks alot for all your answers/help.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
It's probably internal dust or some other contamination. A new camera module may be the answer.

Posted via the Android Central App

KekicaaaHifR3

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: Black spot on rare camera on my s5

So i need to buy new lens glass and replace it with old one, beafore that i need to try clean this one, or i buy camera module? Btw how much does camera module coast ? Thanks

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

Check with your carrier or Samsung. This would be covered under the warranty. Check into that before you start trying to fix it yourself. If you remove one screw, your warranty will be void.

KekicaaaHifR3

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site

Yeah thats the problem i dont have warranty, so i need to pay for fix my own i hope its not big coast, and im just downloading my new softver via smart switch can that solve problem, i read something about hardver problem maybe that can fix it ? thanks

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

Yes, back up all your data, and it certainly would not hurt to try and call Samsung and see what they would charge you to replace it. You might find it's a lot cheaper than you think, and there's no chance of you accidentally breaking anything else when you crack into it. I've known of people replacing "simple" things only to end up accidentally breaking another cable because they didn't know it was attached to the case (for example) and they can't replace that part. I personally wouldn't risk it on such an expensive phone.

KekicaaaHifR3

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site

i just finished up my new softver update (5.0 lollipop) and now when i turn on camera ( camera failed ) :(
So my new update did that camera crash :/

Last edited: