Anyone has any info on when 5.1 will rollout for S5 (SM-G900F) in Europe?

egylaw

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Anyone knows ANY info about when 5.1 will begin rolling out in Europe? I'm in disbelief we're waiting for months with our phones wide open to StageFright and yet there's ZERO info about when 5.1 will rollout.

I'm extremely upset with Samsung for their perfect incompetence in managing security updates. No public info, no commitment to update schedules, total amateurs.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Anyone knows ANY info about when 5.1 will begin rolling out in Europe? I'm in disbelief we're waiting for months with our phones wide open to StageFright and yet there's ZERO info about when 5.1 will rollout.

I'm extremely upset with Samsung for their perfect incompetence in managing security updates. No public info, no commitment to update schedules, total amateurs.

What is your phone's exact current firmware, "Version", as per #1.8 of 41 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide?

Last edited:

egylaw

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
AP:G900FXXU1BOD3
CP:G900FXXU1BOD3
CSC:G900FROM1BOD1

How is this relevant since I know I haven't received any updated since ~June and I checked for Stagefright vulnerabilities using com.zimperium.stagefrightdetector?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
AP:G900FXXU1BOD3
CP:G900FXXU1BOD3
CSC:G900FROM1BOD1

How is this relevant since I know I haven't received any updated since ~June and I checked for Stagefright vulnerabilities using com.zimperium.stagefrightdetector?

It is relevant in as much as Samsung are in the middle of a massive worldwide update for all G900F firmwares, as per Galaxy S5 gets S6 Smart Manager in latest update, and have released over 60 firmware updates in the last 2 weeks. These updates include, among other things, the Stagefright patch. To-date, this has not been released for the unbranded Romanian firmware but is expected imminently. Romanian carriers Cosmote and Vodafone have already received updates.

As for Android 5.1.1, this has, so far, only been released for the carrier minority variants for T-Mobile (USA) and Metro PCS. As you can see from post #2 of the aforementioned thread, these are on a lower changelist # than the current G900F releases. There is even some doubt as to whether Samsung will even bother releasing Android 5.1.1 to their G900F models and may instead, go straight to Android 6.0, Marshmallow. They did this with the Android 4.4.4 release last year and went straight to Lollipop.

egylaw

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Today I finally got the 5.0 update that fixes StageFright 1.0 (Baseband: G900FXXU1BOI3).

Unfortunately, StageFright 2.0 was just announced a week ago. I hope this time it will take Samsung less than 2 months to patch it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan