Hi all,

I have found same answers for similar questions but not sure anyone is on the same situation as I am.

Yesterday morning I had put my cell on my pocket and previously disconnected Wi-Fi and 3G as I was heading to the airport and wanted to have batery available to watch videos for a while.

When I took the phone out of my pocket, it was asking for the alternate password (maybe it was trying to recognize my leg) - which I do not remember because I have been the last 10 months using the digital only.

I have tried google and samsung online but because the phone is disconnected from the internet they dont work.

From what I have red, I can only:
    (1) Pray to remember the alternate password;
    (2) Reset the cell phone and lose everything on it.

Are the above correct or is there a way to get back to the fingerprint option?

Thanks in advance.

Nuno

EDIT: and I have disabled the possibility of accessing the dropdown menu from the top without having the phone unlocked, which makes me unable to activate internet.
    09-15-2015 08:19 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Ugh, that's a problem. If you fail the unlock enough times, does it ask for your Google credentials?
    09-15-2015 06:32 PM
    Thanks for your support and welcome.
    I have entered the wrong pw 30 times now at least, what it does is making me wait 30seconds after 5 attempts.
    Any clue on the alternatives that I have?
    09-15-2015 06:49 PM
    The only other thing I can think of is Samsung's Find My Mobile, but that probably also requires the phone to be connected to the network, and I'm not sure if it allows you to reset the password anyway.
    09-15-2015 07:42 PM
    Would it be possible to use the USB cable to connect the phone to the internet? I have tried that to extract the files that I have but is not working (probably because the phone is locked).

Thanks in advance.
    Nuno
    09-16-2015 03:32 PM
    I don't think so. USB tethering in modern phones is only for other devices to utilize the phone's mobile data connection, not the other way around. I think my old Droid Incredible could use a computer's internet connection via USB, but that's probably around the last time phones could to that.
    09-16-2015 06:26 PM