My job recently moved to a new location, which happens to be in a basement with no windows or cell service. I cannot make or receive calls or texts, and my battery gets hammered hard while its constantly looking for signal. By 11am or noon my battery is very low and needs to be charged.

There are plenty of wireless access points so I have good wifi signal, which is why I don't want to use airplane mode. I know that you can turn airplane mode on, and then wifi, but the next time I go to turn airplane mode on it won't remember to keep wifi on, so it becomes a 2 step process every time.

So it there a way to either quickly toggle the cell radio on and off without having to go to settings -> more networks -> mobile data every time? If not, is there a way to turn on airplane mode and have it remember to leave wifi on?

Thanks
    09-25-2015 09:25 AM
    My job recently moved to a new location, which happens to be in a basement with no windows or cell service. I cannot make or receive calls or texts, and my battery gets hammered hard while its constantly looking for signal. By 11am or noon my battery is very low and needs to be charged.

There are plenty of wireless access points so I have good wifi signal, which is why I don't want to use airplane mode. I know that you can turn airplane mode on, and then wifi, but the next time I go to turn airplane mode on it won't remember to keep wifi on, so it becomes a 2 step process every time.

So it there a way to either quickly toggle the cell radio on and off without having to go to settings -> more networks -> mobile data every time? If not, is there a way to turn on airplane mode and have it remember to leave wifi on?

Thanks
    You'll need to find a power toggle widget from Google Play. I use Power Widget Lite, but it does not have a "data" switch to toggle cellular data off.

There are certainly power toggle apps that do, you'll just need to find one that does.
    09-25-2015 09:40 AM
    Maybe you can get AutomateIt https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...It.mainPackage and create a rule based upon location. That way when your GPS shows you are at the office, it toggles airplane mode then toggles Wi-Fi in that order for you. Save you steps each day.
    09-25-2015 09:42 AM
    My first search on Google Play yielded this one. It is not a widget, but has mobile data:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...settings&hl=en

If you want a widget, this one has a mobile data button:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rol.free&hl=en
    09-25-2015 09:42 AM
    You could program a NFC chip to perform those 2 tasks when you place your phone on it when you reach your work spot.
    09-25-2015 10:34 PM