Assistance needed reverting to STOCK ROM ASAP!

JamesObZ

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

I currently have an old custom ROM (Omega V8.1) running on my Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) which is out-dated now and I would like to upgrade my ROM to the stock version of lollipop 5.0 but having difficulties.

Before I go explain further, details that may be required for assistance are as follows from the 'Phone INFO' application:

Phone Model: SM-G900F
Android version 4.4.2
Rooted: yes
Original CSC code: BTU
Firmware's CSC code: BTU
Active CSC Code: BTU
Bootloader Version: G900TUVU1ANE6
PDA Version: G900FXXU1ANG9
CSC Version: G900FOLC1ANG1
Baseband Version: G900TUVU1ANE6
Latest Firmware: G900FXXU1BOI3/G900FOXA1BOI3/G900FXXU1BOI3

AP: G900FXXU1ANG9
CP: G900TUVU1ANE6
CSC: G900FOLC1ANG1

I have downloaded the stock ROMs from sammobile.com as follows:
G900FXXU1BOI3_G900FOXA1BOI3_G900FXXU1BOI3_HOME.tar
G900FXXU1POH9_G900FH3G1POH2_G900FXXU1BOH4_HOME.tar

I am not sure which of these is the correct one, if either are fine, or if in fact, non are correct, but these are the ones I have tried so far that have failed to flash using Odin. So I guess my first issue is knowing the exact ROM I should be using, please can somebody confirm. I am using the network 'Three' if that makes any difference.

The second thing I notice is that when I put my phone into 'download mode' below 'ODIN MODE' it says 'PRODUCT NAME: SM-G900T) - I have no idea why it mention the 'T' here since my model is the 'F' Is this why I am having trouble flashing these ROMs with ODIN? All I can say is that when I initially put this Omega ROM on my phone a year+ ago I may have messed around with the modem/csc/bootloader files not really knowing what I was doing at the time and as such this perhaps may have changed as a result?

So, i now need the assistance of someone knowledgeable about all this to help me get my phone back to a default stock lollipop ROM please.

Thanks in advance.
James

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

I currently have an old custom ROM (Omega V8.1) running on my Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) which is out-dated now and I would like to upgrade my ROM to the stock version of lollipop 5.0 but having difficulties.

Before I go explain further, details that may be required for assistance are as follows from the 'Phone INFO' application:

Phone Model: SM-G900F
Android version 4.4.2
Rooted: yes
Original CSC code: BTU
Firmware's CSC code: BTU
PDA Version: G900FXXU1ANG9
CSC Version: G900FOLC1ANG1
Latest Firmware: G900FXXU1BOI3/G900FOXA1BOI3/G900FXXU1BOI3

I have downloaded the stock ROMs from sammobile.com as follows:
G900FXXU1BOI3_G900FOXA1BOI3_G900FXXU1BOI3_HOME.tar
G900FXXU1POH9_G900FH3G1POH2_G900FXXU1BOH4_HOME.tar

I am not sure which of these is the correct one, if either are fine, or if in fact, non are correct, but these are the ones I have tried so far that have failed to flash using Odin. So I guess my first issue is knowing the exact ROM I should be using, please can somebody confirm. I am using the network 'Three' if that makes any difference.

The second thing I notice is that when I put my phone into 'download mode' below 'ODIN MODE' it says 'PRODUCT NAME: SM-G900T) - I have no idea why it mention the 'T' here since my model is the 'F' Is this why I am having trouble flashing these ROMs with ODIN? All I can say is that when I initially put this Omega ROM on my phone a year+ ago I may have messed around with the modem/csc/bootloader files not really knowing what I was doing at the time and as such this perhaps may have changed as a result?

So, i now need the assistance of someone knowledgeable about all this to help me get my phone back to a default stock lollipop ROM please.

Thanks in advance.
James

Hello and welcome to Android Central JamesObZ!

It does seem strange that your model is showing as G900T which is the T-Mobile (USA) model. You could, as per #1.8 of 41 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide, install Phone Info and double check which model you actually have and whether the custom ROM has changed your model designation.

As for your stock Samsung firmware for unbranded U.K. model, G900F, on Product code BTU, you will need to download the firmware below and after unrooting, using the settings in SuperSU, you can flash this firmware by carefully following the instructions and video in the links of #1.11 of the aforementioned Dummies Guide.

Model SM-G900F
Model name GALAXY S5
Country United Kingdom
Version Android 5.0
Changelist 5508620
Build date Fri, 04 Sep 2015 00:10:44 +0000
Product code BTU
PDA G900FXXU1BOI3
CSC G900FOXA1BOI3

JamesObZ

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi mate, thanks for the welcome and replying! - I have followed your instruction and although when I enter *#1234# it doesn't tell me the model number (takes me to SuperSU instead) - i can confirm that i have the SM-G900F from the Phone INFO app, and also if I remove my battery, it says that model on the underside of my phone.

Secondly, the ROM you pointed out to use, was actually one of the ones i already mentioned (G900FXXU1BOI3_G900FOXA1BOI3_G900FXXU1BOI3_HOME.tar), so I tried that again after un-rooting my phone (this has also been confirmed as unreooted via Phone INFO app. After attempting to Flash the ROM I get the same failed Odin message. I used 3.09 as suggested in the video, and also used the latest 3.10.7 to see if that made a difference, but unfortunately not.

Here is the error message:
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> G900FXXU1BOI3_G900FOXA1BOI3_G900FXXU1BOI3_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/006> Added!!
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/006> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/006> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/006> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/006> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/006> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/006>
<ID:0/006> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Any ideas where to go from here?

JamesObZ

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Same issue again with that ROM too.
Although now I have un-rooted my phone, I get an additional message in download mode after the Odin failure which says:

UDC START
SECURE CHECK FAIL : aboot

Further help would be much appreciated, I'm a bit stuck with this!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Same issue again with that ROM too.
Although now I have un-rooted my phone, I get an additional message in download mode after the Odin failure which says:

UDC START
SECURE CHECK FAIL : aboot

Further help would be much appreciated, I'm a bit stuck with this!

3 questions JamesObZ...

1. Have you ever flashed any other custom ROMs apart from Omega v8.1 Android 4.4.2 (possibly a G900T ROM)?

2. Have you ever altered or flashed your .PIT file?

3. In Download Mode, is your, "REACTIVATION LOCK(KK)", ON or OFF?

JamesObZ

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
3 questions JamesObZ...

1. Have you ever flashed any other custom ROMs apart from Omega v8.1 Android 4.4.2 (possibly a G900T ROM)?

2. Have you ever altered or flashed your .PIT file?

3. In Download Mode, is your, "REACTIVATION LOCK(KK)", ON or OFF?

1. I have flashed other ROMs since this Omega 8.1. I had a couple of .zip files stored on my internal SD card previously which I installed via recovery mode. These never truly completely installed successfully though, after installing the ROM I would always get stuck on the boot up logo, even after wiping cache/performing a factory reset etc, so at this point reverted back to the Omega 8.1 ROM I am using now using a Nandroid backup. I do not think I have ever installed a 900T ROM of some kind though, and if i did, it would have been me downloading the wrong ROM accidently.

2. I think I may have done in the past playing around trying to get another ROM to work. I know now that playing around with the .pit file isn't something that needs to be done when changing ROMs, but it's probably likely as I do remember using Odin a year+ ago adding more than just the one ROM file at some point to Odin to flash.

3. Not sure how I find this out? - When i enter download mode this is everything that is being shown:
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SM-G900T
CURRENT BINARY: Custom
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x1 (2)
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB)
RP SWREV: S1, T1, R1. A1, P1
UDC START

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
1. So, after Omega v8.1, nothing has worked in terms of flashing which leads me to believe that it is Omega v8.1 or something that was done during or after it was installed. Perhaps a .PIT file changed.

2. .PIT files are model and firmware sensitive and the wrong one flashed will cause problems.

3. At some point your model number has been changed from G900F to G900T and like the absence of the reactivation lock, could be down to a customised firmware that you have flashed or attempted to flash.

If I were in your shoes I would take a chance and download and flash the stock G900F .PIT file that is 2nd down in this link in post #2 together with the 4.4.2 firmware in post #4, above.

(Warning! I cannot guarantee that this will be successful as I am second guessing what may be the problem with your phone and you take the risk yourself.)

Alternatively, you could leave well alone and remain on your current custom ROM on Android 4.4.2.

JamesObZ

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
1. So, after Omega v8.1, nothing has worked in terms of flashing which leads me to believe that it is Omega v8.1 or something that was done during or after it was installed. Perhaps a .PIT file changed.

I actually had Omega V17 running on it for a long time, and it was when i tried to change this it would not work, so I reverted back to 8.1 which was through my Nandroid backup.

I followed the advice since I really want to get my device back to what it should be, and downloaded the .pit file and used Odin again together with the .pit file with the older 4.4.2 ROM.

Other than selecting both these files in Odin 3.09 (always run in administrator mode), no other settings have been touched. Odin failed again, here is the error:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> G900FXXU1ANG2_G900FOXA1ANG3_G900FXXU1ANG2_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/003> FAIL!
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Re-Partition operation failed.

Download mode says:
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SM-G900T
CURRENT BINARY: Custom
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0x1 (2)
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB)
RP SWREV: S1, T1, R1. A1, P1
UDC START
SECURE CHECK FAIL : PIT

Additionally, since removing root access, I can now confirm details by doing *#1234#

I can also confirm that 'reactivation lock' that was mentioned in your previous post was already turned off in the security settings.

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Additionally, since removing root access, I can now confirm details by doing *#1234#

I can also confirm that 'reactivation lock' that was mentioned in your previous post was already turned off in the security settings.

Heaven knows what your phone is then or what has been flashed to it, as CSC code OLC is for Singapore but none of the 4 Singapore models have ever had NG9 stock Samsung firmware which was released for South East Europe and this is coupled with a modem/radio for the T-Mobile (USA) model, G900T.

Have you owned this phone from new?

Last edited:

JamesObZ

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site

Heaven knows what your phone is then or what has been flashed to it, as CSC code OLC is for Singapore but none of the 4 Singapore models have ever had NG9 stock Samsung firmware which was released for South East Europe and this is coupled with a modem/radio for the T-Mobile (USA) model, G900T.

Have you owned this phone from new?

Yea, bought it brand new just over a year ago. To confirm I bought it from eBay:
I pasted you the link in a private message since I cannot link here yet as i do not have 10 posts.

I believe I received it with the Alliance ROM on it? Don't take my word for that though. It was from then I believe I flashed one of the Omega versions on it, (may have played around before then though switching to other ROMs and down the line somewhere might have modified the bootloader/modem and possibly other files through Odin when changing ROMs trying to get them to work as per others advice at the time, really cant remember to confirm though.

So, knowing this, where do we go now. Should I be attempting to flash correct CP and CSC files? if so where do we get those from? Appreciate your constant input mate.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Yea, bought it brand new just over a year ago. To confirm I bought it from eBay:
I pasted you the link in a private message since I cannot link here yet as i do not have 10 posts.

I believe I received it with the Alliance ROM on it? Don't take my word for that though. It was from then I believe I flashed one of the Omega versions on it, (may have played around before then though switching to other ROMs and down the line somewhere might have modified the bootloader/modem and possibly other files through Odin when changing ROMs trying to get them to work as per others advice at the time, really cant remember to confirm though.

So, knowing this, where do we go now. Should I be attempting to flash correct CP and CSC files? if so where do we get those from? Appreciate your constant input mate.

It certainly wasn't, "brand new", far from it, if it had been rooted and had a custom Alliance ROM flashed to it when you received it. I wouldn't even know which firmware was on this originally, from new, and which .PIT file to use since there appears to be 3 conflicting firmwares, or parts of, already on there. I am guessing that that phone had been well mucked about with before you received it if you do not recognise any of those firmwares as ones you have flashed.

Bottom line... at the moment you have a working phone on Android 4.4.2, Omega custom ROM v8.1. Any attempt at flashing whatever .PIT file and/or firmware would be pure guesswork and could brick your phone.

JamesObZ

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
It certainly wasn't, "brand new", far from it, if it had been rooted and had a custom Alliance ROM flashed to it when you received it. I wouldn't even know which firmware was on this originally, from new, and which .PIT file to use since there appears to be 3 conflicting firmwares, or parts of, already on there. I am guessing that that phone had been well mucked about with before you received it if you do not recognise any of those firmwares as ones you have flashed.

Bottom line... at the moment you have a working phone on Android 4.4.2, Omega custom ROM v8.1. Any attempt at flashing whatever .PIT file and/or firmware would be pure guesswork and could brick your phone.

Well when I say brand new, I mean I received it as if it were a brand new phone from say a carrier, you wouldn't know the difference until it was booted up.
Looking back, I guess buying this one over a proper retail one wasn't overly sensible. Not that I was to know about custom ROMs and what not at the time. Nevermind.

I hear what you are saying about not truly knowing the origin and correct firmwares, not knowing these values that is quite concerning how all over the place my phone appears to be. I have asked the eBay seller to see if he can tell me the initial values the phone had, but I am not expecting any help there.

I think I am quite confident in saying that I flashed the BL, CP and CSC files myself to incorrect values, just not knowing it at the time. So with that said, assuming AP: G900FXXU1ANG9 s correct for this phone, would flashing the correct BL, CP and CSC files sort this mess out?

Secondly, if I do brick it in some way, can I always get to recovery mode to restore a working backup, or could doing this stop me even getting into a recovery mode?

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Well when I say brand new, I mean I received it as if it were a brand new phone from say a carrier, you wouldn't know the difference until it was booted up.
Looking back, I guess buying this one over a proper retail one wasn't overly sensible. Not that I was to know about custom ROMs and what not at the time. Nevermind.

I hear what you are saying about not truly knowing the origin and correct firmwares, not knowing these values that is quite concerning how all over the place my phone appears to be. I have asked the eBay seller to see if he can tell me the initial values the phone had, but I am not expecting any help there.

I wouldn't hold my breath for the eBay seller.

I think I am quite confident in saying that I flashed the BL, CP and CSC files myself to incorrect values, just not knowing it at the time. So with that said, assuming AP: G900FXXU1ANG9 is correct for this phone, would flashing the correct CP and CSC files sort this mess out?

I am not confident that flashing the stock Samsung firmware for NG9, South East Europe will sort you out as the .PIT files seem to have been altered as well. Below is the stock firmware for Product code SEE...

Model SM-G900F
Model name GALAXY S5
Country South East Europe
Version Android 4.4.2
Changelist 2089850
Build date Fri, 25 Jul 2014 10:07:06 +0000
Product code SEE
PDA G900FXXU1ANG9
CSC G900FOXX1ANG5

Secondly, if I do brick it in some way, can I always get to recovery mode to restore a working backup, or could doing this stop me even getting into a recovery mode?

It could screw your phone up completely and render it unbootable/recoverable.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I have reproduced your PM here...

"Thanks for your latest post, again I can't send links to the thread so replying here.

I have come across this page:
http://www.tsar3000.com/Joomla/index...sung&Itemid=82

apparently provides all the files so was thinking of downloading the files for: G900FXXU1ANG2
worth a shot at installing this ROM along with the .PIT, BL, CP and CSC?

Cheers,
James
"

Subject to my caveat in my previous posts, give it a go as it contains all the elements for a complete flash, including a compatible .PIT file.

JamesObZ

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Subject to my caveat in my previous posts, give it a go as it contains all the elements for a complete flash, including a compatible .PIT file.

I downloaded the files and tried flashing again with Odin 3.10.7 as well as 3.09. Both failed with the below:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Binary Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/006> Added!!
<ID:0/006> Odin engine v(ID:3.1100)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/006> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/006> FAIL!
<ID:0/006>
<ID:0/006> Re-Partition operation failed.

Download mode says:
SECURE CHECK FAIL : PIT

So at this point, what is causing the failure of a successful Flash, surely if these files were incorrect, would it not just Flash the phone and mess it up?

Shall l try the ROM you mentioned in your last post, even though we suspect this wont work? Or does that seem pointless now that I attempted to install a ROM with all available files required.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Your phone has so many different firmwares or parts of firmwares and at least 2 custom ROMs that it has now become a, "Hienz", (as in Heinz 57 varieties), that it is difficult to know what it was and what it has been turned into.

You could try flashing the firmware I linked to in post #14 or you could, if you are up for it, humour me and try...

Model SM-G900T
Model name GALAXY S5
Country USA (T-Mobile)
Version Android 4.4.2
Changelist 2271722
Build date Mon, 25 Aug 2014 11:13:33 +0000
Product code TMB
PDA G900TUVU1BNG4
CSC G900TTMB1BNG4

This would eliminate one possibility at least.

JamesObZ

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Haha, yea I can't believe I have ended up with an AP version from South East Europe, a CP from T-mobile USA and a CSC from Singapore, what a state!

I have finally downloaded the ROM you stated in post #14. That also failed, error below:

<ID:0/005> Added!!
<ID:0/005> Removed!!
<ID:0/007> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/007> Odin engine v(ID:3.1100)..
<ID:0/007> File analysis..
<ID:0/007> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/007> Initialzation..
<ID:0/007> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/007> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/007> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/007> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/007> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/007> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/007>
<ID:0/007> Complete(Write) operation failed.

I will entertain your idea of the T model later on, out of curiosity I want to see if I can flash a further custom ROM to my device first, since I cannot seem to work anything with Odin (apart from managing to put on CMW)

JamesObZ

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Ok, so I managed to download this custom ROM which I read was compatible with the SM-G900F
BlissPop-v4.0.2-klte-OFFICIAL-20150928-1525

Booted into recovery mode and followed the usual steps for installing a new ROM and I have booted successfully.
I ran the Phone INFO app and noticed this:

Country of Origin: blank
Product Code: SM2G900TZKABTU
Original CSC Code: Blank
Firmware's CSC Code: Blank
Available CSC Codes: Blank
CSC Country: Blank
PDA Version: Blank
CSC Version: Blank
Latest Firmware: Not Found
Root Existance: Yes
Android Version 5.1.1

What does all this tell us. Do you think having flashed a new ROM would perhaps have wiped any old errors and I now have a better chance at a Odin Pass?

I am unsure why so many of those fields are now reporting as 'blank' too, and obviously the boot loader remains incorrect.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Ok, so I managed to download this custom ROM which I read was compatible with the SM-G900F
BlissPop-v4.0.2-klte-OFFICIAL-20150928-1525

Booted into recovery mode and followed the usual steps for installing a new ROM and I have booted successfully.
I ran the Phone INFO app and noticed this:

Country of Origin: blank
Product Code: SM2G900TZKABTU
Original CSC Code: Blank THE PHONE'S ORIGINAL CSC CODE IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Firmware's CSC Code: Blank
Available CSC Codes: Blank
CSC Country: Blank
Bootloader Version: G900TUVU1ANE6 THIS IS AN OLD T-MOBILE (USA) BOOTLOADER
PDA Version: Blank
CSC Version: Blank
Baseband Version: G900TUVU1ANE6 THIS IS ALSO AN OLD MODEM FOR T-MOBILE
Latest Firmware: Not Found
Root Existance: Yes
Android Version 5.1.1

What does all this tell us. Do you think having flashed a new ROM would perhaps have wiped any old errors and I now have a better chance at a Odin Pass?

It tells me that your phone has still got the old T-Mobile bootloader and modem/radio.

I am unsure why so many of those fields are now reporting as 'blank' too, and obviously the boot loader remains incorrect.

Some custom ROMs can cause blanks in readings.

At some stage, someone has flashed not only a T-Mobile firmware but also a T-Mobile bootloader to this phone, effectively turning it into a T-Mobile (USA), G900T, model. The T-Mobile bootloader would explain why you are unable to install G900F stock firmware but can use custom ROMs that are designed for multi S5 models. You could try flashing a G900F bootloader/modem package and see if that allows you to flash a stock G900F firmware.

Latest BOOTLOADER/MODEM Packages for each model:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos