S5 Battery goes down 25% overnight - is this normal?

john12971a

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, first timer here. I've had my S5 (5.0.1) for a couple of weeks and am really enjoying the upgrade from my last phone. I didn't need the latest and greatest hardware, so the S5 represents really good value for me.

I've noticed that battery goes down about 25% overnight. This is a little over 3% an hour.

I've noticed that if I turn off wifi and data before going to sleep, I lose about 1% an hour.

Is this normal?

I have a few questions if that's OK:

1. Which is the best app for automatically turning the phone into 'sleep' mode at night?

2. How can I track which apps are using the energy through the night? Settings -> Battery just tells me that Android System and Android OS are the main culprits, which isn't very helpful. I disabled facebook and messenger, but I do have the gmail app and whatsapp so I guess these are constantly polling for push notifications

3. I don't really understand why the native email app is set to check emails every 5mins, whereas gmail and whatsapp receive messages right away. Does this instant push response suck up battery life?

Thanks for your help

BR34KF4ST

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
for the second question, download gsam battery monitor from playstore would help to see which apps are using up your battery

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol