Galaxy S5 and S6 Edge How to fix “Unfortunately Contacts Has Stopped” Error

HisLordship1

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
A lot of problems with the Contacts menu have been reported since an update, and also back as far as S3. I have been dashing my brains out trying to get Contacts to stop freezing, endlessly copying, and deleting. I have tried pretty much any fix that sounded promising here, and in the forums, but know of no fix anywhere, at Samsung knowledge base, or in Stores like Best Buy, which patch flash and diagnostics are ineffectual. Many of the fixes are quite elaborate.

I bought my device in September. It is latest update. Here is the fix that is so simple, I couldn't believe it has not been tried. So I am still skeptical, even though it is working like a champ now. I am not sure it will work for everyone.

You go into your Contacts bullet menu where you synch your acoounts like your carrier, and gmail. There is an auto synch box there. Uncheck the box. See if your contacs return, and the app works. I hope it does. This was really frustrating.

pwwka

below, Miley Cyrus at the Grammys
:-\

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are all of your contacts associated with your Google account, or are there some that are saved locally to the Phone account, or to your Samsung account?

I thought this was Miley Cyrus: :p