Missing Camera Photos from Samsung S5, how can I recover them?

A

AC Question

Missing Camera Photos from Samsung S5

Hello all, I'm sorry as this might be a repeat question. I'm new to this forum. Last night I noticed that all my photos taken by my camera are gone and only 2 from the last week are left :-( I had backed up my files about a year ago and didn't delete anything. Is there any way to recover the missing photos. I also have installed DiskDigger and it says my device is not rooted. So heartbroken, please help with any idea. Thank you all.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Missing Camera Photos from Samsung S5

Welcome to Android Central! Were the photos saved to Internal Storage or the microSD card? Use the My Files app (or any file manager app) to look in the /DCIM/Camera directory, both on Internal Storage and microSD, and see if you can find those actual photo files.

amandalostphotos

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site

Thank you for your help. These photos were stored on the phone and not a SD card. I have checked these folders through file explorer append it only shows the last 2 that were taken a week ago. All my other photos saved, through facebook or scanner... are intact, it's only the ones that were taken by the camera that are gone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Ok, and just to be clear--there is no SD card in the phone right now?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Not sure how they got lost on Internal Storage. If you have Google Photos installed, open it, swipe in from the left, and tap Trash. Anything there?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Then I'm sorry, but the photos are most likely gone for good.:( It may have been some software glitch, or (less likely) the internal storage chips might be defective or failing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol