Hi All
    Hope you can help.
    Just purchased an S5 mini as my S4 met a watery death. Had previously been waiting for the S6 mini but who knows if that's ever going to surface in the UK and I had to move now after Water-gate.
    Anyhoo, am trying to keep my mails tidier this time without the constant notification number beside the envelope icon, but can never seem to clear them as when I do more historical ones backfill from the bottom of the list and trigger the 'new email' notification (when they aren't).
    I'm not using Gmail, just the web based email that comes preloaded on the phone.
    Wondering if there's an Outlook app and if I should maybe move to that as this is driving me mad as can't seem to find a workaround.
    Very much appreciate any ideas.
    TIA
    10-12-2015 04:41 PM
    What are you using as your email provider (IOW, the stuff to the right of the @ in your address)? Do they have a web-based interface? If so, go to the site and clear the emails from there. Also make sure it's an IMAP account. A POP3 account keeps the emails on the phone, and when you clear them, unless you have "delete from server" or equivalent enabled, they're still on the server - and will sync back to the phone. IMAP keeps the emails on the server, and when you delete thm using the phone, you're deleting them from the server.
    SamsungNewbie likes this.
    10-12-2015 06:38 PM
    Thanks for your helpful reply, Rukbat. It's my own domain name which is hosted with a third party company with POP3 emails addresses. I could change the setting to delete from server on my phone but if I did and accessed them first on my phone (and then deleted them) they would then be available to read on my PC or iPad.
    However, I'm pretty sure this is exactly how I had things set up on my previous phone and I didn't have this issue with older emails populating at the bottom of the list and being flagged as 'new mails'. Could this be a settings config issue or down to the latest OS which I didn't have on my previous S4 mini?
    Thanks again.
    10-13-2015 07:37 AM