I got an S5 yesterday. I left it on all night and it was good. This morning I transferred/restored all my info and apps to it used it all day till night perfectly fine. It was fast, wifi working fine, etc. Then tonight I installed Go Launcher on it and played with it for like 10 mins and then noticed wifi stopped working. I turned wifi off and when I tried to turn it back on it failed, I kept trying until wifi turned on. Mean while the phone was super super slow so I turned off power saving mode but it didnt help much. Then I noticed wifi started turning off on it own. My next step was remove Go launcher but it didnt fix anything, the issues stayed. Next I reset it to factory setttings but when it came on, wifi was failing (and phone slow) even during the initial set up wizard.

It makes no sense to me. The phone was completely fine during the whole day.

And my biggest worry is that this is an exchanged phone. I originally got a supposedly new s5 from ebay, (from a guy with thousands of reviews/transactions and like 98% positive score) but eventually I realized the battery was fake and that the IR blasted didnt work. He agreed to exchanged it and I received it yesterday and now today the phone has already failed but in the weirdest way possible by being completely fine for the majority of the day.
    10-15-2015 12:22 AM
    You used it for one day and then things started going bad... seems like after all the use you put on it, it must have overheated and cooked some things.
    I think you got a bad/fake unit (sorry to say). When you said that the first phone was exchanged because the battery was fake, I would tend to assume now that other parts were fake too and you just didn't notice the first time around.

Send it back, demand a refund. PayPal will protect you. Buy a new phone from a reputable dealer. I know price is a big thing, so depending on what you paid for that "fake" (conjecture, I can't prove you got a fake - but it sure sounds like it to me) phone, there are plenty of other decent devices out there. You can even pick yourself up a BRAND NEW NEVER OPENED Moto G, current edition for $200.

Good luck
    10-15-2015 07:16 AM
    This will help you determine whether or not you have a fake or clone phone...

Galaxy S5, Fake Clone or Genuine - Dummies Guide
    10-15-2015 08:26 AM
    Well i followed the guide and it seems genuine but there is something interesting it made me find: it says a headset has been pluged in over 900 times and is has been charged over 1900 times.... I just got the supposedly new phone yesterday...

and that the CPU runs between 70-80 C which seems too high in my opinion.

Now I a not even sure that the seller will accept a return/refund. This is already an exchanged phone after the first was faulty and it is over his 30-day return policy.
    10-15-2015 11:09 AM