Att update to 5.1

tara_adele

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I've also tried, it failed so I freed up a bunch of space. Still not enough space I assume because it still won't update. Does the space needed have to be the device space? I guess I need to move everything to the SD card. As if the system doesn't take enough space up already.

s_m_r

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
My sim card error in call settings is back. The update fixed it but now the problem is back. I am going to have to reset my phone in hopes that it will fix my problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

electronicwiz1

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
The update failed twice on my mom's phone. However when she freed up a lot of space, it finally installed! It seems like this update just needs a lot of storage in order to install. She had 7GB free after deleting stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jj8279

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I had about 6.35gb of free space and update worked :) The update is only 609mb or whatever but I guess it uncompressed and needs the space available but after installation compresses again. Anyhow it finally worked :)

Johnny Zero

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
If you are talking about unable to go into More Settings, to forward calls, I believe it is a network issue. I have seen it intermittently since the network upgrade for HD Voice. It works mostly at work, but not at home. Must have to do with a local tower not set up for it.
My sim card error in call settings is back. The update fixed it but now the problem is back. I am going to have to reset my phone in hopes that it will fix my problem.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Has it been confirmed if the S5 galaxy will be getting marshmallow? I have AT&T.

The Samsung Galaxy S5 firmware models are receiving the Android 6.0, Marshmallow. update. Whether AT&T will release it is another matter as their firmwares are not issued by Samsung.

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I manually searched for update and downloaded/installed 5.1.1 without any issues a week ago. make sure you have enough space before downloading and wiping cache prior would be good idea too.

Screen animations/transitions feel smoother, faster than 5.0. Battery life seems slightly better on stand-by but usage time seems about the same. Other than that, I don't see any major difference from 5.0 on my S5.

fredd17

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
So now it's not the memory the downloads complete on both phones and I tap to continue the update I get the restart "ok" phone turns off and when the update begins I get a "update failed" phone turns back on with nothing done.

Posted via the Android Central App

Shiner63

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I have tried downloading this update 3 times and always fails during reboot and says updated failed followed by the Server Connect error. I just removed a bunch of apps to free up 5.1GB but how can I trying downloading again today? It currently says I have to wait 24hrs before retrying.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I have tried downloading this update 3 times and always fails during reboot and says updated failed followed by the Server Connect error. I just removed a bunch of apps to free up 5.1GB but how can I trying downloading again today? It currently says I have to wait 24hrs before retrying.

Keep going! Rumour has it that you need 6-7GB free as AT&T appear to be increasing the system partition size, again, to accommodate more carrier bloatware in a future release.

Once you have cleared more space, try manually advancing your phone's time by 24 hours to try the update again.

buzzbee00

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Mine finally updated after I cleared up memory. My phone is much slower and pauses now in the middle of texting or just about anything. Haven't found anything good about this update yet but will keep checking back for comments :-/

netposer

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Have tried to update about 7 times. Each time removing more "stuff" from my device. I have over 7GB of free space right now and it still fails to install on boot.

muzichead

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I updated my S5 a little over a week ago and it only took one time trying the download. The only thing that had me slightly worried in the first few days was the battery was draining at a much higher rate than prior to the update. After 3-4 days it seemed to go back to normal and now I am getting the same battery usage as before the update. I am really enjoying it so far...

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
So how i can get ubdate ? i check in phone software ubdate but its says i got newest version....

Android 5.1.1 has not been released by Samsung for your model of phone and may not be in future. You are already on the most up-to-date firmware unless you root your phone and install a custom ROM for 5.1.1.