Att update to 5.1

anon(1017475)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I may be in the minority here regarding my OCD-ness...and I hope its not pre-mature; but it looks like a LOOOOONG standing bug re: music playing on this device (and for that matter, the GS3) has been fixed. I should know...my phone has been my primary music player for YEARS.

Description: when playing mp3s (and streaming music I think) over headphones, if you unplug the headphones, about a half a second worth of the track you were playing would play over the phone speaker. THAT relative annoyance has NOT happened over the numerous points in time today.

electronicwiz1

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
On my mom's AT&T Galaxy S5 it won't update either. How do I get it to update? Please help! This is the second time it has failed!
4ae18b290f6dbff494b4ae62a128bc30.jpg

FaintDeftone

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The cache trick did indeed work for me. I cleared out my cache (which had 3GB of data in it) and I was able to update after that. It didn't break my SD card, luckily.

I did notice that the animations were smoother and the phone felt less jerky. However, only time will tell if it will stay that way...

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Multiple failures here, read on XDA to have at least 7 GB free. Worked for me. Clear the cache from storage, uninstall enough apps to have 7GB free.

Invero

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Multiple failures here, read on XDA to have at least 7 GB free. Worked for me. Clear the cache from storage, uninstall enough apps to have 7GB free.

I had 3GB free, and it failed. I uninstalled apps until I had 5GB free, and it worked fine at that point.

Not sure why a 600MB update needed 5GB to install. But what a mess... especially since the installer just aborted, and didn't give a helpful error.

fredd17

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Got the update downloaded on both my and my wife's S5's and both ended saying not enough memory. I have deleted plenty of stuff on both phones and still get the same notification. Cleared the cache also.

jdn254

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Yes. Mine downloaded and then said interrupted after restarting in recovery mode. Will try and tomorrow. Anyone has success?

Posted via the Android Central App

I had the same issue myself and I've tried to download and install it 4 times with the same results

jj8279

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Same thing. Tried cleaning cache, turned off developer options, and everything else I can think of. Still fails. Please help!!!

deke40

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Don't know if makes a difference but when I had the ptoblem I used CCleaner instead of using the cache
clean on android. I use CC with the default settings and have had no problrms.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(1017475)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Couple more days in...my previously posted battery life is still holding.

Found another annoyance (at least for me) that has been corrected...the displaying full screen album art in the lockscreen while music is playing is GONE! Thank God!

I agree with previous posters as well...Lollipop animations seem more "polished" in this 5.1.1 build.

Bluetooth connectivity in the car FEELS a little quicker connecting as well. I thought it was a tad sluggish in 5.0.

mdtownes

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Have not seen a "push" on software update. I have tried to update manually several times, but the download (around 700 MB) seems to get interrupted. Then it says it is updating. Then I check version and it still says 5.0. Then I check Android Version and it says 5.0. Then I try to update and it says the software is up to date and I can try again in just under 24 hours. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting to update automatically that I may have turned off? Thanks,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463