Unlocked GSM Verizon SG5 Phone Not Working with T-Mobile SIM Card

JGod93

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
As the thread title reads, my refurbished GSM Unlocked Verizon SG S5 that I bought from Ebay is not working with my TMobile sim card. I can get the phone to work (make calls, text, browse internet, etc.) through a Wifi connection, but it cannot connect to the network once I disconnect from Wifi. The phone will still say it has 4G LTE connection, but it refuses to connect to anything. When I turn on the phone, it will initially read "This sim card is not from Verizon" I can make that message go away by force stopping activation agent, but it still doesn't allow my phone to connect via 4G LTE. TMobile reps say it still might be locked, so even though it's GSM unlocked it still might be network locked. I'm just not sure what to do from here. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Your phone might still be locked to Verizon, yes. In which case, you have limited options. There are phone unlocking services that will generate an unlock code for a few. Otherwise, go into the Settings menu . . . More Networks . . . Mobile networks . . . Check the network mode and make sure that LTE/WCDMA/GSM is selected. Then check the Access Point Names. You will need to set the APN to T-Mobile. I have not done this, but there is a resource here:

T-Mobile Data Settings

T-Mo customer service should be able to talk you through the APN settings as well.

JGod93

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
So I've tried setting up the correct APN Settings but I still can't connect to the internet, however I can send messages and make calls. I still get the SIM error every time I restart my phone.

Also, I don't have LTE/WCDMA/GSM as an option and instead have LTE/GSM/UMTS selected. I believe I have the correct APN Settings too.