How can I get past the screen asking for a Samsung account?

A

AC Question

How can I get past the screen asking for a samsung account?

I forgot my password on my phone yesterday, so today, after reading many articles and trying to find out how to get around it, I decided to reset my Samsung s5 to factory settings. In the middle of the setting up process, I was redirected to a separate page asking me to log in to the previous account I had before I abnormally reset the phone. Since I never made one, I am now stuck on that screen. Is there a way for me to bypass it or reset my phone so that I do not have to go through the Samsung account log in?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How can I get past the screen asking for a samsung account?

Welcome to Android Central! Are you sure it's not asking you for your Google account? This is a Google security feature now. If you reset a phone without first removing your Google account, you will have to enter those Google credentials upon starting the phone back up again.

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! Are you sure it's not asking you for your Google account? This is a Google security feature now. If you reset a phone without first removing your Google account, you will have to enter those Google credentials upon starting the phone back up again.

Hi, thanks for answering!

I am quite sure that it is not asking for my google account. The screen actually says, "An abnormal factory reset has been reported on this device. Sign in to the Samsung account that you have already signed into on this device to confirm this reset." My problem, as stated before, is that I had never signed in to a Samsung account on the phone before, or even created one. Are there any solutions to this problem?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
How can I get past the screen asking for a samsung account?

Did you acquire the device new or used?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Try and search your regular email accounts for Samsung messages from when you bought the device or after. If there try that email address. You can also try to log in to a Samsung account on their local website and ask for prompts. Else speak to Samsung support / chat for help.
I think I read this has been introduced lately as an extra security measure if someone wipes your phone in Settings or Recovery mode, but not sure if it was Samsung or all Google devices.
Worth a try.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Hi, thanks for answering!

I am quite sure that it is not asking for my google account. The screen actually says, "An abnormal factory reset has been reported on this device. Sign in to the Samsung account that you have already signed into on this device to confirm this reset." My problem, as stated before, is that I had never signed in to a Samsung account on the phone before, or even created one. Are there any solutions to this problem?

It is asking for your Google account. There isn't an issue like that with anything but Google, not the Samsung account.

That only happens when someone has set the phone up and a reset happens with the Google account there.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:
Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
I have tried signing in with my Google credentials multiple times, as well as a newly made Samsung account that has not yet been registered with or logged on to through the phone. Neither of them seem to work. I was also the person who reset the device after i forgot my password, since it was not giving me the option to sign in with anything else.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have tried signing in with my Google credentials multiple times, as well as a newly made Samsung account that has not yet been registered with or logged on to through the phone. Neither of them seem to work. I was also the person who reset the device after i forgot my password, since it was not giving me the option to sign in with anything else.

The reactivation lock is a Samsung Account thing. You can't set it if you aren't signed in under a Samsung account.

Have you talked to Samsung?

There is no work around for this. I would return the phone.

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
The reactivation lock is a Samsung Account thing. You can't set it if you aren't signed in under a Samsung account.

Have you talked to Samsung?

There is no work around for this. I would return the phone.

No, I have not talked to Samsung yet. Would I have to go to a store in person to return the phone, even if it was bought online? And if there were minor cracks in one corner of the screen, would they be able to reprogram the phone so that I would not have to buy a new one? How much would this cost?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
No, I have not talked to Samsung yet. Would I have to go to a store in person to return the phone, even if it was bought online? And if there were minor cracks in one corner of the screen, would they be able to reprogram the phone so that I would not have to buy a new one? How much would this cost?

Did you buy the phone from T-Mobile online?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Also another thought.. Best Buy has a Samsung Experience Counter, staffed by Samsung employees. You could go by there and see if they can help you. Be prepared to show an ID if necessary to help prove ownership.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc