Photos disapeared, then reappeared on Google , then disappeared. Phone doesn't show data on card

95_mtn_mover

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
So....almost all of my pictures disappeared from my SD card. I have read a few forums and threads. I imagine it's a case of corruption but there are a couple of quirks that might be worth mentioning. The full card warning had been on for a couple of days. I deleted some pictures to make room. App updates weren't able to complete because of insufficient space so I deleted a couple of apps that I didn't need. I kept seeing brief messages that "downloading wasn't possible at this time". I have sketchy wireless so I figured it was due to that. I woke up because I heard a notification and saw a message that started with "Don't worry, your pictures aren't gone...." My eyes were too blurry to read the whole messgae before it disappeared. I thought it said something about an upgrade maybe. I had taken a picture of a dog on Wednesday. I had shown some pictures to a friend that had been on my SD card for over a year while at lunch on Thursday so I know they were all there. Friday they were all gone except the dog from Wednesday and a picture taken at lunch on Thursday. I tried to find the photos on Google + and Gallery. One week later I go into my Google + app to look at pictures and there are all the missing pictures! I was delighted, but didn't have time to upload them to a backup location other than Google. Now I can't find them again. My phone won't read the card. My laptop can't see it in an adapter but can see it in a USB card reader. I tried going to chkdsk to access the files but I get a message that "volume can't be opened for direct access". Any ideas? There were tons of photos on there so I'm bummed.

Last edited:

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The Note 5 doesn't have an SD card slot, but anyways I'll help u...Could b e that the SD Card is corrupted... Are the pics also gone from Google +?

95_mtn_mover

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
It's a Galaxy Solstice 5, not the Note 5. Yes the pics are gone from Google+. I didn't get to read the whole message before it faded away but I do have a lot of my trusted apps set to update automatically. I have seen some threads talking about photos disappearing after upgrades and one about them being stored in hidden files. That thread suggested ES File Manager but I haven't had a chance to try it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12