Problems with Contact/Call/Text

Shadowedsaint

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I'm currently having a few issues with my S5 and was wondering if you guys could offer any solutions. I bought this phone unlocked from an ebay store in december. When I turn the phone on the verizon logos show, I am using a sim card from a company called net10 which uses AT&T service and after changing my Apn settings the phone receives and sends calls and texts. The first problem that I am having is that my phone will only dial contacts in these two formats -> *+1 555-555-5555 or just 555-5555.*When a contact from my phone calls me however the phone number shows up in one of two formats -> *+555 555 55 55 *or +5555555555 these calls only show up as numbers so i have no idea who is calling me and my phone will not call these two formats so it is impossible to save them as contacts. *I am curious how to fix this issue so that I can save one number in contacts to dial and that will actually show up contact info if they call me and not just a phone number. My second issue is that if I try to text a number such as 555-5555 the text will appear to send with no warning that it didn't, however the contact will never receive the text. The only way to have a text actually send to a contact is to type the number in this format -> +1 555-555-5555 . This can cause major issues when I don't notice that the contact I chose to select isn't in the proper format and I assume the message sent only to later figure out that it's not in the proper format so it never truly sent. Thank you for any help in these matters!