Where to Find Stock S5 Lollipop Music Player?

mkmossop

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I rooted my phone and uninstalled the stock music player because I didn't like it as much as an older version I had on my S2, which I had an apk for. I found out however that that one seems to be incompatible with this phone, and now I can't find an apk of the original music player. Is it floating around the web somewhere?

I would really prefer the older player (version 5.0.5) though... I think it was for the S3 originally. Is there any hope to find a compatible version out there?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I rooted my phone and uninstalled the stock music player because I didn't like it as much as an older version I had on my S2, which I had an apk for. I found out however that that one seems to be incompatible with this phone, and now I can't find an apk of the original music player. Is it floating around the web somewhere?

I would really prefer the older player (version 5.0.5) though... I think it was for the S3 originally. Is there any hope to find a compatible version out there?

Download APK For Samsung Galaxy S5 Stock Apps

TOP TIP: Always a good idea to make a nandroid backup before attempting modding.

mkmossop

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your help. I actually found that before and tried it but it didn't work. I thought maybe it wasn't the correct version. I tried it again and still no luck. The app shows up, but when I try to open it I get the message "unfortunately music has stopped". I think I screwed something up when I uninstalled it in titanium backup or something.

Also, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with SecMediaProvider.apk. The post says to delete it, but doesn't say to reinstall it... but the file is provided. After flashing the app didn't work I moved SecMediaProvider.apk to the app folder using Root Explorer, but that didn't change anything.

One thing I notice is that when I check the app in application manager, data is always at 0 B... not sure if that means anything.