Deletion issues on 128gb SD card

Ratchick

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Housemate bought a 128gb Sandisk microsd card for his S5. He put it into the phone, copied over his music via USB from Windows Explorer.

Later, on finding an album he didn't want, he tried deleting it via several apps, but it refused, despite supposedly being given permission (e.g. ES File Manager and PowerAmp). When he tried with the built-in My Files, it said it was deleting the folder but simply didn't without any message. On attempting to use it to delete a file within that folder, it said it failed. So he plugged it back in via USB. Now, while he can delete anything on the rest of the card, he can't delete the folder (or the folder it is in) as Windows says they are write protected, despite no being set as such in the properties.

I know KitKat is all protective of SDs but it shouldn't do this, should it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Further testing shows that he can delete files with "My Files" from any other location of the SD Card, so I'm suspecting that, somehow, trying to give permission to one of the other apps has corrupted the permissions on this one folder. Any ideas how to fix it?

Last edited:

Ratchick

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. It couldn't be deleted by plugging the phone in via USB... In the end we removed the card and used a card reader to access it directly, and that allowed us to delete it, so I'm fairly sure it was the phone security that got messed up somehow.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar