Multi-file transfer between Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 tablet and Galaxy S5 Phone

BG00d

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
What is the best method to transfer multiple files between a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 tablet and Galaxy S5 phone? I have lots of mp3 files on the tablet's SD card that I would like to transfer to the SD card of the phone.

When I connect both via USB cables to my Windows desktop, selection of source files and destination folder is easy, but some glitch often prevents all of the files from being transferred. I think it may be a timing issue with the connection, SD cards, or problem in cabling. Sometimes, Windows will not recognize both devices.

When I try to use Samsung SmartSwitch or SideSync with USB connected devices, I have a difficult time selecting the source files and target destination folder.

Using NFC doesn't seem to allow me to make the source file or destination folder selection I want. The file selection process seems to be "dumbed-down" based on standard file content type (music, video, pictures, documents, etc) and conventional destination locations in the device file structure rather than on the SD card.

Thanks for any suggestions?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you're connecting the devices to your computer, are you trying to transfer the files directly from one device to the other? If so, try instead to copy the files to the computer hard drive first. Then copy them from the hard drive to the other device.

I've found that sometimes, with transfers of a massive amount of data, there is more chance of a data error. You might want to transfer the files in smaller batches.

BG00d

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions, B. Diddy.

Yes, I was trying to copy files directly between the SD cards of the two devices through the Windows desktop.

What ended up working was copying the files (11.6GB total) from a USB flash drive to the Galaxy S5, again through the Windows desktop. Separate file explorer windows were opened when I attached each USB device, folders selected on the source device window, and pasted into the target folder of the destination window. The entire copy/paste process took about an hour.

I thought that Samsung's NFC or S-Link transfer would do the job, but I could not find an easy way to specify the source files and target destination folder. Am I missing something or is there another app to do this?

It also may be that there is no S-Link on the Galaxy Tab 3 tablet, but I thought that Bluetooth or NFC might automatically take over.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I don't have direct experience with S-Link, and I never transfer files via NFC, so I don't know for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12