My Headphone jack isn't working for my Galaxy S5, how can I get it working?

A

AC Question

My Headphone jack isn't working for my Galaxy s5

So I got my Gs5 last year, probably around November, I don't remember, but I've had it for awhile. Naturally, as a music loving person, I enjoy listening to music and I've done it often with my phone and headphones. I use iFrogz, and I used to use Beats, now the headphone jack won't work. I can push it in as hard as I want but I only get pieces of the song, and I have to hold it for that. It's not loose, the headphones won't fall out, but the headphones themselves play no music. The music doesn't play out loud so the phone registers the headphones, but no sound comes out. My older pair of headphones stopped working slowly, first the right and then the left so I figured it was the headphones themselves and I got a new pair yesterday. I used the new ones and now they don't work either. So my only other belief is the headphone jack. I had a Gs3 before this and the same thing happened, the headphone jack just stopped working. Is it broken? And should I get it repaired/replaced? Or could it be some other issue? Some help would be great.

Detectionable

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: My Headphone jack isn't working for my Galaxy s5

Try one more set of headphones to be 100% sure it's not another dud set, then I would try backing up and factory resetting the phone to rule out firmware

Then look at RMA

Ashten Dyson

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site

Yeah, I realized afterwards that I was using my old ones twice, bad idea to get the same exact kind and design. Problem was my idiocy.

GloryB0824

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Other than the headphones, after a whole year of using the Gs5 have you noticed any other glaring issues? How is battery life? Does the screen get hot? How are the apps running?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21