How do I switch out of folder view in Samsung Knox?

ellenb76

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
How do I switch out of folder view in Samsung Knox

I've only just started using knox so am by no means an expert. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5/ Android 5.0/knox v 2.3
While adjusting my settings in Knox I switched to folder view, which has completely changed the knox environment. The main thing I now find is I can no longer toggle in and out of the knox container using the notifications area that you swipe down from the top of the screen, unless there is a specific notification, ie a new email.
The option within the Knox settings that I used to switch to folder view is no longer visible - the settings seem to have changed ( and more to the point, I can't remember the exact option) so I can't switch back.
Is there any easy fix to either add a toggle into the notifications area to enter/leave the knox container, or preferably to switch back from the folder view organisational structure to the standard environment that I assume is there by default?
Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do I switch out of folder view in Samsung Knox

Since Knox is only used in a corporate environment, why don't you ask your IT department for assistance? (If you're not using it in conjunction with a corporate Knox setup, you shouldn't be using it at all. It shouldn't even be in phones that won't be used in a corporate environment - I think Samsung made a bad decision on that.)

ellenb76

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site

Thanks Rukbat.
I am using it in a corporate environment, but it has only just been deployed and there is no local support - this means getting answers on more specific detail rather than just general FAQs is very difficult & time consuming.
As there are a lot of other KNOX related questions on here, and is probably quite simple for those in the know, I figured I might have more luck on a specific forum rather than our general support. But I'll try another route in that case.

ellenb76

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site

Thanks a lot for your help ironass.
Unfortunately, on my phone, this is where I originally switched to folder view in Knox. However, once you have selected folder view, under settings, the option to choose "styles" is no longer there, so it seems once in folder view, you can't use the same method to switch back to launcher. The other options are there in the settings menu, except for this one. Not sure if this is a bug in the firmware.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol