App Optimisation Problem

Tomy Kosac

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi all. I just received notification of a new power saving "app optimisation" after a recent software update. I am on lollipop 5.0.

I selected all the apps I wanted optimised and pressed "done". I want to go back and edit my selection and cannot see how to get back to this screen. I have read elsewhere it is under a new settings called "smart management" but this does not exist on my phone. Another site said it is under "battery" by pressing on the 3 little dots but again I don't have it.

How on earth do I get back to this app optimisation screen so I can edit? I cannot believe that this is a one off notification that you cannot get back into.

Thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's a one-off junk app. Go into Application Manager (from Settings/General) and uninstall the thing. "Optimizers" slow the phone down and waste battery - they're written by people tho think that Android works like Windows - it doesn't.

Tomy Kosac

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
I cannot find this under application manager either. Nothing under "optimiser" or "app optimiser" or anything remotely connected to this. I simply cannot find this screen anywhere.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Go to...

Samsung Smart Manager > Battery > App optimisation (Detail)... turn off

If you do not have Samsung Smart Manager on your phone, do you have Clean Master installed. If so, try checking the settings for that.

Clean Master > Tools > Battery Saver > Optimize

Last edited:

Tomy Kosac

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
Just an update to this thread of mine. As I said, I received a battery optimisation notification after an update which I selected, and then could not return back to.

So you cannot go back to this screen but you can disable what you selected. Go into applications and find "smart manager provider" and then clear the data. I how this helps someone else.

As an aside, what an utterly stupid notification that you can select only once and cannot return to as to edit. My advice to anyone that receives this "app optimisation" notification is to dismiss it.

Hope that helps someone else.

halfbeing

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
My problem with this app is that it keeps giving me an audible notification every time it does its stuff, which is every few days. Is there any way to turn this notification off?

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You can go to the app drawer, long press on the icon, bring it up to the top where it says uninstall and uninstall it. The Samsung smart manager app is garbage and is not worth the price we paid for it. Yes I know it was free. I use clean master which helps improve the overall performance of my phone and especially battery life.

Posted via the Android Central App