Does battery or phone ruined if it closes on battery?

SwordSkill

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I have a Galaxy S5 which I forgot to charge it and had left it opeNed in desk for some days.

When I went to check it, it was already closed so I was wondering if it did harm to either the battery, the hard drive or any other component of the phone.

I'vw heard that if an empty battery is left uncharted for an amount of time, it affects it's lifetime in a negative way.

I was mainly wondering if the manufacturers had predicted such situations and made the phone shut down "legally" by itself when the battery is 1%.

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I have a Galaxy S5 which I forgot to charge it and had left it opeNed in desk for some days.

When I went to check it, it was already closed so I was wondering if it did harm to either the battery, the hard drive or any other component of the phone.

I'vw heard that if an empty battery is left uncharted for an amount of time, it affects it's lifetime in a negative way.

I was mainly wondering if the manufacturers had predicted such situations and made the phone shut down "legally" by itself when the battery is 1%.

Hello and welcome to Android Central SwordSkill!

Unlike older batteries that had to be drained fully, these should be charged at around 20% or so. A one-off closing as you have described, will not be detrimental to your future battery life.

SwordSkill

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
By the way, do you happen to know about the hardware?
Does it get damaged like computers do when they close on battery, or this has been intended by the manufacturer thus closing as it should normally be?