opinions after a year?

GloryB0824

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Hello S5 users!

I am looking into getting a Gs5 and was wondering if any of you have been using yours since it came out. If so, how do you still like it? Noticing any slowdowns? Problems?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello S5 users!

I am looking into getting a Gs5 and was wondering if any of you have been using yours since it came out. If so, how do you still like it? Noticing any slowdowns? Problems?

Which of the 41 models of Samsung Galaxy S5 are you considering getting?

It does make a very big difference in the user experience.

See, 41 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

Last edited:

GloryB0824

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
An excellent question, Metal ****!

Since I don't yet have the phone, I can't quite follow the steps on the guide to determine it. It's the one that is currently on the Verizon shop page, with SKU# SMG900VZKV.

Toto39

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Have the Verizon S5 since May 2014 and like it quite a bit. Wish it had more internal storage than 16Gb. Dust door broke after 1.5yrs and was easily replaced fairly cheaply. It has limitations, but still the best phone of its day IMO. If it meets your needs for the price, it is a good choice.

Hassan272

May 24, 2015
Visit site
The GS5 is an excellent device in all aspects and definitely worth your money, and you can take it from me being a GS5 owner. If you can afford it, check out the Note 4 too and see which one you prefer.

Posted via the Android Central App

lgossin

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I have had mine for almost 1 year, over all a pretty good experience. I came from a windows phone (HTC) and while I liked the phone the lack of apps was very frustrating. I added the Samsung wireless charging back and picked up a spare battery. The combo works well for me. I also tenet cheap on the case(s) Diztronic TPU case and a CellBee pouch (I like it on my hip, I am old what can I say) Also added 64 GB Micro sd card so plenty of storage

It seems fast, apps load well. I have experienced the usual glitches, smart lock works sporadically, the UI will crash, but otherwise a fine phone.

Th only think I still miss form my windows phone was the integration with Bluetooth in my car (2010 Acura) with nothing I was aware of doing , texts could be read through voice commands and responded to and easy access to voice dialing etc.

If the size works go for it

Verizon SM G900V
RU2B0G5 build
Android 5.0

salutcemoi

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Still love mine

I know people who upgraded to the S5 instead of S6 because of removable battery , ext SD, IP67, not slippery etc

ET2E

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,

I've had my S5 for over a year and this phone does not dissapoint! I really like the fact that this phone has a replaceable battery, exoandable storage, and the ability to take a couple spills and dips in liquid (though I did lose the charger flap while hiking in New Mexico).

As for software, I currently have Lollipop running and I absolutely love the material design. It still runs great and battery life is exceptional. Though, the camera IMO could be better. I don't have that much of a steady hand, and sometimes my pictures turn out blurry. But when they are taken in focus, they look great and certainly beat all of my friends phone cameras in terms of detail.

IMO overall this phone is great and I plan to keep it way past contract.

Model: G900V
Software Version: Lollipop 5.0

steve_ma

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Had mine for more than a year and a half. Love it. No performance concerns. I have done 2 factory resets in that time. No plans to upgrade any time soon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma