I purchased the Samsung Galaxy S5 on the Verizon release date. I have had no problems until about 4 months ago when I noticed a strange noise upon video playback. (It sounds like the sqeaking noise that a mechanical tape recorder would make.) I posted the video on YouTube which depicts 2 clips with the audio issue as well as 2 clips before the problem began. Any ideas?

(And I can't post a link, of course. So fill in the blanks with "//" and " /" accordingly. My channel is Overdosedelusion77. Thanks!)

https: youtu.be T1DagYm_kZU

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-15-2015 02:33 PM
    I purchased the Samsung Galaxy S5 on the Verizon release date. I have had no problems until about 4 months ago when I noticed a strange noise upon video playback. (It sounds like the sqeaking noise that a mechanical tape recorder would make.) I posted the video on YouTube which depicts 2 clips with the audio issue as well as 2 clips before the problem began. Any ideas?

(And I can't post a link, of course. So fill in the blanks with "//" and " /" accordingly. My channel is Overdosedelusion77. Thanks!)

https: youtu.be T1DagYm_kZU

Posted via the Android Central App
    Welcome to Android Central!

There could be some kind of data writing issue, are you using a SD card to store the video on or are you recording directly to the phone storage?
    11-19-2015 09:20 AM
    Thank you for your response. I began having trouble with posting to the forums so I got frustrated and left for a while. I never received any notifications for my posts so I had no idea anyone responded.
    Yes, I saved directly to an external SD card. I have since upgraded to the S7 edge, but I never figured out what was going on with the video playback on my S5.
    11-19-2016 07:36 PM